Associate - Internal Controls SOX (Finance)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA), Maharashtra, India
- Not disclosed
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization’s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
Morgan Stanley’s Finance Risk & Information Security Standards and Control (FinRISC) team is recruiting an Associate to support the Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) program and the overall FinRISC agenda, which includes but not limited to the support of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) oversight and EUC governance. SOX is a significant regulatory requirement, which requires management to document, assess and make representations about the effectiveness of its internal control structure surrounding financial reporting. Participation in this requires understanding of internal control activities, interpretation of the regulation and coordination of activities across the division.
The ideal candidate possesses banking/financial services experience, with a focus on internal controls. Additionally, the candidate should have knowledge of project management, process flow mapping, design and documentation of controls and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and superior communication (written and oral) and organizational skills.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Identify, document and assess key controls across Finance and Operations, as well as work with the business areas to institute proper controls and remediation strategies
- Communicate findings and recommendations to management, determine root causes, obtain management's action plan for remediation in a timely manner and track findings through resolution
- Develop and manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including Risk Managers and Business Process owners
- Assist in the development and rollout of scoping methodology, testing strategy, and integrated SOX and operational risk framework
- Track metrics and coordinate reporting to project working groups, steering committees, senior management and external auditors
- Document control deficiencies which are clear, concise and provide value to management
- Comfortable with documenting front-to-back process and product flows
- Able to identify gaps between implemented controls and key risks and recommenced remediation actions
- Provide support to FinRISC management over the RCSA program
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in financial services, banking or Big 4 consulting
- Proven understanding of testing methodologies and processes
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Critical dependency on strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and apply complex concepts
- Proficiency with data management, End User Computing Tools (spreadsheets and databases) and other standard computing applications (PowerPoint and Word)
- Flexibility to adapt to a new and changing environment
- Time management skills to meet deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks
- Proven experience in supporting the implementation of a testing framework
- Experience in risk and control environment (SOX or Operational Risk), including control design and testing
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.