Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a level 7 qualification with Claire's Accessories Ltd and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst studying towards the ACCA qualification.
Duties will include:
Primary Responsibilities Budgeting Process
- Work with the Head of Planning & Reporting and the Senior Management team to ensure a comprehensive annual budgeting process for the European business.
- Ensure the completion of comprehensive annual budgeting process for all areas of responsibility.
- Produce monthly A v B reports for both Central Office and Store Expenditure.
- Participate in monthly meetings as and when required with Managers throughout the business, challenging all material or adverse expenditure and aim to instil a cost conscious culture within the organisation as a whole.
- Assist in the financial planning aspects of the company, advising on any material variances, both sales and costs, that are highlighted in discussions with departmental heads.
- Production of Store sales targets field bonuses.
- Ensure an understanding of store performance, seeking to develop knowledge and understanding in all areas.
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts for the Senior Management team and heads of departments.
- Perform monthly reviews of Head office/Field salaries and headcount comparing to Plan to ensure compliance with the plan and to highlight any future projection requirements
- Production of monthly reports on capital expenditure to authorised budgets, comparing actual spend to agreed projects and providing any explanations for variances.
- Production of capex reforecasts.
Ad Hoc Projects and Information Requests.
- Decision support – producing analysis and conclusions as required to support business decisions.
- Production of ad hoc information and analysis and involvement in project work as required.
- Part-Qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA), or beginning studies.
- GCSE's grades A-C including Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Financial Planning Accountant Essential.
- Good numeric / mathematical skills.
- General Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience of a retail environment.
- Experience of preparing accounts for a multi-sited or departmental organisation.
- Experience of Oracle Financials.
- Knowledge of UK, French, German, Dutch, Belgium, Swiss, Austrian financials.
- Knowledge of any European languages.
Personal qualities required:
- Produces work that is accurate, thorough, and on time.
- Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Analyses situations accurately.
- Uses relevant data and information in a clear and coherent process to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form accurate conclusions, and make decisions.
- Is able to demonstrate the ability of resolving problems with lateral thinking.
- Uses intelligence, common sense, hard work and tenacity to solve challenges.
- Makes timely decisions without sacrificing quality even during uncertain times, circumstances or when data is limited.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of how their actions impact the bottom line and uses their knowledge to constantly improve results.
- Demonstrates achievements and initiative in contributing to the overall effectiveness of the business.
The working hours are flexible, either 8am - 4.30pm, or 9am - 5.30pm. This is a hybrid role, working 2/3 days in the office and the rest homebased. There is free on-site parking available. Please note the salary is completive and will be discussed at interview.