Regulatory Capital - Program Management Office (PMO) - Associate
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
You are a strategic project manager, who is driven by an ambition to consistently drive projects to completion, and be a part of the growing area of the business with opportunities to work with cross regional and geographical stakeholders and locations. Then this might be he right team for you.
As a Project Manager / PMO in the Capital Product team, you will manage and support the management of multiple projects in the Treasury and the Chief Investment Office function, including the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. You will oversee all aspects of projects, such as setting and managing deadlines, assigning responsibilities, as well as monitoring and summarising progress of projects. This is a key role, within an exciting, growing area of the business with opportunities to work with cross-regional and geographical stakeholders and locations.
- Effectively support the management of multiple projects of varying complexity and help establish and manage a structured governance framework to govern projects, including monitoring and reporting programme & project’s status , as well as communicate impacts to Finance & other key stakeholders
- Detailed programme & project planning (defining scope, deliverables and timelines), support and execution utilising agile/hybrid methodology
- Ownership, transparency and escalation of risks and issues when they occur on a timely basis, as well as resolving conflict through expert collaboration and broad decision-making
- Effectively manage influence and motivation upward and downward
- Identify project benefits and establish project success criteria
- Chair and facilitate steering committee & other relevant governance meetings with senior executives and stakeholders, where needed
- Work closely with other project managers and team members to ensure that there is an efficient framework for seamless team collaboration and communication among team members
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- A sound knowledge in program/project management, systems development methodology with demonstrated success at achieving results and keeping initiatives on track
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of the organization, as well as a proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Experience, working knowledge and a good understanding of the Project Lifecycle, including Waterfall and Agile methodology
- Good knowledge Regulatory Capital and implementation of associated projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and team working skills, as well as highly developed influence and negotiation skills
- A self-starter, motivated and able to work calmly under pressure, with strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Proficiency in the use of JIRA and Microsoft Office – MS Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Preferred qualifications, capabilities , and skills
- Change experience delivering Basel / Regulatory Reporting / Capital Requirements Directive (CRD) IV / CRD V / Common Reporting Framework (COREP)
- Working knowledge of additional collaboration and project tools, such as Confluence, MS Project and MS Access
- Good understanding of the Project Lifecycle
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.