Prime Financial Services - Futures & Derivatives Clearing Business Management - VP
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 22 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Finance & Business Management (F&BM) is seeking a business manager at VP level based in London to support the EMEA Prime Financial Services business (PFS), specifically the Futures & Derivatives Clearing (F&DC) business, which consists of Futures & Options, OTC Clearing and FX PB. The F&DC Business is part of Prime Financial Services, which rolls up to Equities within JP Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank.
The F&DC business continues to undergo significant change, driven by political events, internal organizational change, continued regulatory oversight, Technology and Operations developments. Combined with the mandatory changes being driven by new regulations, it is a fast paced and interesting area to work in.
The role is to support the EMEA F&DC business head and will be part of a team responsible for supporting the EMEA PFS businesses in London. There will also be the opportunity to work on Global initiatives.
1. Driving business strategy and growth
- Provide analytics to support business decisions
- Assist the business in communicating the business strategy, performance and priorities (e.g. preparing materials for regulators, business updates, one off reviews, offsites)
2. Managing business risks and promoting a control environment
- Identify, assess and mitigate business risks that could impair the ability to do business
- Drive new business initiative assessments (e.g. new exchange and CCP memberships, new products)
- Business continuity and resiliency planning
- Control agenda, in partnership with BCO
3. Optimizing business performance and planning
- Optimize business performance by providing measurement and helping to drive key initiatives
- Manage inputs into performance reviews and business planning
4. The points above come together in establishing business priorities and then ensuring delivery
In addition, the business manager is expected to embrace the wider Finance & Business Management agenda and promote J.P. Morgan values and culture.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Establishes rapport with business heads
- Builds a large network from end to end within a business, and across the wider organization
- Good at influencing and persuasion
- Communicates in a very clear and concise manner to all
- Assimilates broad-ranging information quickly and is able to distil it into the key points
Strong delivery focus
- Takes responsibility for issues and following through to resolution
- Self-starter who is proactive in taking the initiative and improving the business
- Able to solve problems alone and leverage network to identify solutions and implement it
- Pays close attention to detail
- Deals with issues quickly to avoid becoming a bottleneck
Persistent commercial acumen
- Understands and grows the strategic business vision
- Exercise good judgment in assessing and managing business risks
- Prioritizes according to business objectives
Resilient and hard working
- High capacity for work under tight deadlines
- Can manage multiple parallel requests for attention / action
- Thrives on challenges in an unstructured working environment
- Leverages the organization to deliver good results quickly
- Can interpret large data sets and identify trends
- Advanced excel & powerpoint skills
- Can synthesize large volumes of data into key messages for senior management
Product & technical Knowledge (beneficial, not essential)
- Institutional knowledge of J.P. Morgan: how to navigate, financial terminology and culture
- OTC and Exchange Traded Derivatives
- Dodd-Frank, CFTC regulation, MIFID, EMIR
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.