Senior - Financial Services Audit - Insurance
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- Dublin/ Kildare/ Cork/ Galway, Ireland
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis, Fund accountant
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Senior – Financial Services Audit – Insurance
Work location: Ireland
Service line: Financial Services Audit
Employment type: Permanent
Ready for a new challenge? Then become part of a firm that does things differently.
Grant Thornton is one of Ireland’s largest growing professional services firms and plan to continue developing and growing over the coming years. We provide the edge where our people can grow personally and professionally. With 8 offices in Ireland and the Isle of Man, with in excess of more than 2500 employees, our people are our brand and they shape the growth strategies of our client.
The continued success of our business is built by our diverse team of people who have ambition, energy, motivation and who share our core values. We have 50 different nationalities working with Grant Thornton Ireland.
We, in Financial Services Audit are looking to expand our team due to our exponential growth. This position will give you exposure to some exciting industries such as Banking, Asset Management, Funds and Insurance whilst also giving you the opportunity to collaborate with clients both locally and globally. We are looking for passionate individuals, who are self-motivated, capable of using their own initiative and have the ability to plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of clients.
- Project management - take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Promotion and oversight of quality audit work on your client engagements
- Management of client relationships
- Supervising and training junior members of the team to ensure that Grant Thornton’s standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process
- Preparation and presentation of business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio
- Working capital management – manage work in progress and billings
- Client fee negotiation
- Taking full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team
Skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required
- Insurance Audit experience a most
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification)
- Strong technical knowledge
- Strong experience in audit engagements
- Experience in a top 20 practice
- Worked with a diverse portfolio of clients
- Capable of working on your own initiative
- Ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Relocation support (where applicable)
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Overtime by way of time in lieu
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the Grant Thornton office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs
- 3pm finish on Fridays during the summer months and before a bank holiday
Grant Thornton gives you the opportunities, resources and flexibility to create a career that empowers your passion.
At Grant Thornton, our people are at the heart of our business. Our teams are built with a variety of background, cultures, age, gender, gender identity, ability and family types to ensure we have a diversity of thought in everything we do. Grant Thornton is committed to ensuring that every staff member can bring their whole selves to work and that individuality is embraced.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.