Tax Assistant Manager
- Grant Thornton Ireland
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Grant Thornton Tax department is a growing team of over 200 specialists with deep industry, sector and technical knowledge.
Our client base includes sole traders, small and medium sized businesses, high net worth individuals, trusts, partnerships, large corporates and listed companies.
Our Tax advisory services team works across a range of routine tax compliance work to high end innovative tax planning solutions, covering all tax heads, such as business, corporate or personal tax, VAT, customs, international tax, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Intellectual Property (IP), relevant contracts, Research and Development (R&D) and revenue audits and/or investigations.
For more information check out www.grantthornton.ie/service/tax
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a International Tax Assistant Manager to work in our international tax team, focusing on both inbound and outbound investment. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm. The position attracts a competitive remuneration package and ongoing career development.
- Assisting on international tax structuring and advisory projects;
- Dealing with the Grant Thornton international network on queries arising to the Irish firm;
- Identifying tax planning opportunities;
- Involvement in management of the corporate tax compliance process;
- Research in relation to ad hoc tax issues; and
- Assisting on new proposals.
- CTA qualified (ACA/ACCA additional qualification preferred)
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ post qualification experience of working in a corporate tax department of a larger firm;
- A thorough knowledge of corporation tax and relevant legislation;
- Experience in dealing with international organisations and foreign direct investment teams a benefit;
- A knowledge of intellectual property transactions and research and development tax credit a benefit;
- Confidence in dealing with people (including clients), excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-starter with ability to use initiative and to prioritise with excellent time management skills; and
- Good attention to detail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.