Lead Financial Officer - International, Vice President
- State Street
- Dublin 2, Ireland/ Krakow, Poland/ Edinburgh, Scotland
- Not disclosed
- 22 Mar 2023
- 18 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Dublin 2, Ireland/ Krakow, Poland/ Edinburgh, Scotland/ London, England/ Munich, Germany/ Gdansk, Poland
Who we are looking for
The successful incumbent will be the finance partner for European country heads, responsible for defining and delivering the overall financial approach including planning and budgeting, financial forecasting, management reporting and transformation in partnership with global Business Unit Finance, Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) and Controlling functions. This role will also drive improvement to standard financial processes, analytics and management reporting, and assist with deal integration activities. The role will directly report to the CFO and Managing Director responsible for EMEA and Latin America. This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Lead Financial Officer - International you will
- Manage the Finance team deployed to cover the EMEA organization as well as various senior leader stakeholder relationships
- Partner with global Business Unit Finance, FP&A leaders and Controllers to be a trusted advisor and bring financial discipline to the EMEA business
- Develop and execute the overall financial approach including planning and budgeting, forecasting, management reporting, transformation in partnership with the Finance management and FP&A
- Provide management with independent view of financial outlook, associated risks and opportunities
- Identify and quantify impact of risk-mitigating action plans
- Oversee the preparation of analysis and commentary, and drive improvement to standard financial analytics and reporting to bring transparency to the financial statements
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Executive presence and an ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, working with team members across different organizations and regions
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written, and good presentation skills
- Strong execution, collaboration and strategic skills
- Champion of employee development and engagement with ability to develop and train next generation Business Unit Finance talent
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Forward thinking, innovative leader who has experience working in a finance and accounting organization
- Broad Finance & Accounting leadership experience with 10+ years of experience
- Financial Services experience preferred however all cross-industry leaders are welcome
- Experience with management of geographically disperse Finance teams
- Extensive experience overseeing the business planning and budgeting process
- Has overseen the management reporting process
- University degree MBA or equivalent in Finance / Economics, preferably with a professional Accountancy qualification
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.