Financial Controller/ Financial Systems #819 @ International NGO
Financial Controller/ Financial Systems #819
Hybrid/ Remote - London UK
Established non-profit leading on the transition to a zero-carbon, climate-resilient world. The Financial Controller plays a critical role within the Financial Reporting area of the finance team. This includes overseeing the finance modules and processes within the ERP system to ensure they provide a robust control environment and serve the fast-moving needs of the organisation.
The role will report to the Group Financial Controller and will act as the key finance partner to the ERP Product Owner and other key non-finance colleagues across the business, ensuring that finance deliver a quality service to stakeholders to enable them to achieve their objectives, whilst achieving high levels of financial control and compliance.
- Oversee all financial processes and controls within the fast moving, dynamic organisation.
- Be the figurehead within the finance team for driving improvements to processes and developing supporting documentation to strengthen the control environment.
- Act as the key partner to the ERP Process Owner, developing the system to deliver strong, robust processes which enable the organisation to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Develop the ERP roadmap and participate fully in development projects.
- Be visible as the key contact for communicating and promoting good financial controls throughout the organisation.
- Manage and take ownership for the organisation’s accounts payable activity, managing a small team to deliver a quality service to the organisation’s stakeholders.
- Develop a framework and timetable for payable transactions and develop confidence within the organisation of finance’s ability to deliver to pre-agreed deadlines.
- Take responsibility for finance masterdata within the ERP system, developing processes to control changes and ensuring live data remains up to date at all times.
- Develop and provide ERP reporting solutions to enable the wider financial reporting team to streamline their regular reporting tasks (e.g. month-end reconciliations, receivables statements, VAT return reporting).
- Contribute to audit projects including statutory and funder driven assignments.
- Line management of a small team of transactional processing staff, setting objectives and managing performance to help develop their capabilities and achieve their career aspirations and goals.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of good financial controls whilst being able to balance this with the pragmatic approach needed in a dynamic culture / organisation which is going through a period of significant strategic change. Strong communication skills will be required to work effectively with key business partners and to manage a busy accounts payable function to deliver a high level of performance.
- Fully qualified with professional accounting certification (i.e. ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA).
- Proven experience of minimum 5 years as a Senior Financial Accountant, Financial Controls Manager or similar role required, including management of small, transactional finance teams.
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus.
- Experience with financial modules of ERP systems vital, in particular Unit 4 experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with common software applications such as Excel, Microsoft Office.
Candidates must have the right to work in the EU prior to applying for the position. We support full remote or hybrid forms of working and offer a high degree of flexibility.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.