Accounting & Financial Reporting Supervisor
- GLASGOW/ ABERDEEN/ BELFAST/ EDINBURGH, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall job purpose
The Accounting and Business Advisory Group (ABA) are responsible for the preparation of accounts for clients at all levels from large corporates to SME’s. Much work is done for the client on the year end statutory accounts in advance of audit and therefore a strong understanding of Financial Reporting Standards, Consolidation technique, LLP SORP, Charities SORP and UK GAAP is essential. You will be required to profitably manage a portfolio of clients, working with a team of staff to ensure the highest possible standards of client service at all times and to take an active role in the growth of the office through identification of opportunities and involvement in the business development process. Ideally, the successful candidate will be qualified either as ACA or ACCA and be able to demonstrate good experience in financial reporting.
- To ensure that jobs are completed to the highest standard, within the agreed internal budget for the job and to discuss all material points arising on the assignment with the manager / partner and client.
- To plan assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To take the hands-on Supervisory role on assignments as and when required.
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and provide feedback where necessary.
- To perform the firm’s review and completion procedures, to attend the final meeting with the client and to ensure that the client subsequently receives the final accounts, management letter and adjustment to opening balances on a timely basis.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, actively look for opportunities to cross sell, and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To closely monitor the practice management system reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work in progress, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil any development or training requirements.
- To support the training and development of the staff within the ABA department.
- To be involved in any other administrative departmental and office issues as deemed appropriate.
Key Performance Measures
- Delivery of high-quality service to clients
- Deadlines are met
- Budgets achieved
- Adherence to the firm’s procedures
- Flexibility towards hours of work and tasks performed including assisting other staff e.g. dealing with urgent tasks at short notice when required
- To keep confidential any information obtained concerning the business affairs of the Firm, its staff and clients
- Portray the Firm in a professional manner through appearance, conduct and attitude
Personal and professional qualities
- A good understanding of UK financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and to add value.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Well-developed people skills to relate to clients and colleagues.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong accounts production skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Candidates must be part or fully ACA or ACCA qualified or have significant relevant experience.
- Knowledge and experience of working within an Audit department.
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.