Valuation Control Group - Credit Valuation Controller - Vice President
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Credit control, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent group within Finance whose primary responsibility is to ensure that the firm’s risk portfolios are fairly valued. The group sets independent pricing and valuation adjustments policies, executes & generates results, and then works with Trading to remediate and prevent issues on an ongoing basis. VCG also works to identify and control potential valuation risk concentrations, uncertainty in pricing inputs, and valuation model uncertainty.
The group is organized along business lines such as the Investment Bank and Consumer & Community Bank and works closely with Traders, CFOs, Market Risk, Product Control, Model Governance and Quantitative Research to ensure a complete understanding of business issues and the accurate execution of valuation policy. The group plays a critical role within the Firm and has exposure to senior management, Business heads, Regulators, and both internal and external audit.
VCG covers a broad range of products across the entire liquidity spectrum. The group has presence in New York, London, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Bengaluru and Mumbai and comprises detail-oriented colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, with a high quantitative aptitude and strong ability to apply sound judgement. With core valuation processes largely delivered through dedicated technology and quantitative research resources, the team focusses on insightful analysis leveraging multiple market data sources through advanced analytics platforms. JPMorgan is an equal opportunity employer and places high value on diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our people are our strength and diversity of thought and practices makes us more successful.
You as part of Valuation Control Group will work with a wide array of Credit products including Loans, CDS, Bonds, Financing and Exotic payoffs to ensure that the firm’s risk portfolios are fairly valued.
- Responsible for all aspects of the valuation control framework for Secondary Loan Trading, including independent price verification, valuation and prudent valuation adjustments, valuation adjustments stress and fair value measurement.
- Identify emerging valuation risks and drive methodology enhancements to ensure valuation controls accurately capture market dynamics and opportunities to enhance control efficiency
- Partner with Quantitative Research and Model Review Groups to assess limitations in trading models and implement compensating controls and model limitation adjustments.
- Own the relationship with Front Office and key Finance, Technology and Risk partners providing value add analysis on month-end results, illiquid and concentrated valuation positions, revenue from new deals and complex transactions and new products
- Partner and participate in projects within the group and the wider Finance organization together with Front Office, QR and Technology and participate in regulatory exams and address bank’s regulators inquiries
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Must have quantitative aptitude and keen interest in financial markets and products. Understanding of financial products or derivatives pricing preferred
- Critical thinker with sound judgement and ability to challenge constructively
- Curious personality; inclusive; detail oriented; Always looking to improve.
- Strong communication skills and ability to synthesize complex subjects; Good at multi-tasking and prioritization
- Basic Microsoft Office & strong Excel skills are required; Knowledge of data science (e.g. Machine learning), analytics platform (e.g. Alteryx) and data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau) will be advantageous
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Ability to understand financial products and derivatives valuations
- Strong analytical abilities and willingness to contribute as part of a high performing team
- Ability to communicate effectively to trading desk and other Finance / Risk functions
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.