VAT Advisor – (Senior) Manager
- Deloitte Belgium
- Competitive salary with fringe benefits
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
We are looking for a (Senior) VAT Manager to strengthen our indirect tax team in Belgium, based in Brussels (Gateway).
- You work closely together with your clients and learn to build excellent relationships with local and global organisations
- You are seen by clients as the first contact person regarding all aspects related to VAT
- You are involved in business development activities at a Belgian and international level, tuned in to your core specialties
- You manage multiple relationships with VAT stakeholders within industry and tax authorities
- You are responsible for client service delivery according to the Deloitte quality standards
- You coach and develop a team of VAT professionals
- You work alongside specialists from the Tax, Consulting and Legal teams
Let’s talk about you
- You have a degree in a business-related discipline such as law or economics, or a comparable background through experience
- You have gained 6-10 years of relevant experience in a VAT focused role as tax advisor, lawyer or inhouse specialist, where you demonstrated technical abilities and business skills
- You are a team player with strong communication and networking skills
- You have an open, creative, flexible and entrepreneurial mindset
- You have a good working knowledge of Dutch and/or French and of English
Deloitte Tax and Legal lies at the crossroads of tax, law, business and innovation, so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our young and dynamic team of tax and legal specialists thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. We help our clients connect for impact by anticipating change, unlocking the full potential of their people, extracting strategic insights from data, and creating new value through digital technologies.
With Indirect Tax becoming many governments' preferred method of revenue raising, and evermore-complicated regulations focused on combatting fraud, it is more critical than ever to manage indirect tax compliance and cash flows. Our Belgium Indirect Tax Practice has over 90 indirect tax experts who are well informed and understand the nuances of regulations, the importance of deep industry knowledge and the growing role of technology experience.
Our VAT team offers a wide range of innovative and digitally enhanced services around VAT advisory, processes and compliance, such as:
- Business change and digital economy advisory;
- Qualitative, industry specific and client tailored advisory;
- Indirect tax function strategy and management;
- End-to-end ERP solutions;
- Future oriented compliance services and analytics
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+6000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.