Audit Manager - Charities and Not for Profit
- Menzies LLP
- Heathrow (Egham)
- Competitive salary plus great benefits
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
We are looking for an experienced Audit Manager to join our Heathrow office. You will be joining a specialist Charities and Not for Profit (NFP) Audit department and manage a client portfolio and a team of seniors and trainees. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established friendly team and bring in your wealth of experience.
This is a role for an ambitious candidate who embraces our core values, supporting the audit partners, helping our clients achieve their aspirations and developing our audit team. The role is to work as part of the NFP team ensuring that audit and Independent Examinations planning, fieldwork and completion is performed to a sufficient standard, ultimately resulting in the ability for Menzies to sign audit or IE reports. You will be working as part of the NFP team, being responsible for ensuring accounts are prepared under UK GAAP and Charities SORP reporting direct to the audit partner RI.
This role reports to Janice Matthews, you may find out more about her Here
Why join Menzies?
- We are a UK based recognised employer of choice with office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and South Wales (Cardiff).
- Join our family of 500 employees. Be a member and not just a number!
- We offer a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors
- Our package and benefits are very competitive
- Work life balance is part of our organisational culture,
- We believe in developing our staff throughout their career
Key Benefits we offer, but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary (we do yearly market research to ensure we offer a competitive salary to our employees and joining candidates)
- 33 days annual leave entitlement a year including bank holidays
- Annual buy and sell leave scheme
- Private Medical Cover available to all employees (trainees can opt in for a salary sacrifice)
- Private Pension Matching Scheme: if employee contributes 2.5-5%, we match it and add another 3% on top!
- Employee Referral Bonus up to £10,000 for a successful placement
- Reimbursement of one professional subscription each year
- Dress for your day policy – you decide, not us!
- Life Assurance 4x your salary
- Group Income Protection – 75% of salary if long term sickness exceeds 6 months
- Agile Working is embedded in our culture: we understand that everyone works in different ways and need flexibility within their working day
- Learning and Development opportunities and Study Support throughout your Menzies career
- Career Coaching programme for Managers and above
- Better Place to Work Initiative: proactive benchmarking of the best DEI and wellbeing programmes to offer our employees and improve our employee experience
- CSR Programme: each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise funds and give back to the local community.
- Employee Assistance Programme - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees and their families. As well as being a support line for mental health counselling, it also offers practical financial, legal and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
- Paid sick leave – a generous scheme to help you when you are struggling with health issues
- Free flu jab, eyesight test and physical health checks
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave: We are a place where you can combine both a career and a family so those going on Maternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 3 months and 50% pay for the next 6 weeks, those going on Paternity Leave can expect 100% pay for 2 weeks (both subject to eligibility). We also have Adoption and Shared Parental Leave
- Volunteering Scheme with a maximum of 2.5 days given by the Firm to match 2.5 days devoted to qualifying schemes by the employee in any 12-month period.
- Season Ticket Loan
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of an NFP audit focussed portfolio of clients.
- Overseeing the preparation and audit of financial statements under Charities SORP.
- Attendance and contributions at client meetings.
- Completing audits with minimal supervision and within deadlines.
- Management and development of upcoming audit talent.
- Financial management of portfolio taking control of WIP, billing and debt management.
- Involvement in business development, including maintaining own key contacts and fostering new relationships.
- Maintaining a good level of technical knowledge and being able to independently research issues forming your own solutions.
- ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent.
- Solid experience in an accountancy practice working in an Audit focused role.
- Knowledge/experience of charities reporting and auditing desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong client and team relationships.
- Ability to manage complicated projects and multiple stakeholders (Key Management and Trustees).
- Strong technical understanding of accounting, including Charities SORP and auditing standards.
- Experience in leading group audits and the preparation of consolidated accounts.
- Previous use of CaseWare or Mercia methodologies is desirable.
- Can build trusted relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Produces high quality work to a good technical standard.
- Strong organisational skills to effectively prioritise high volumes of work.
- Anticipates and resolves problems at an early stage to keep assignments on budget.
- Can identify opportunities for growth within existing client base and when to involve other service lines.
- Takes an active role in developing the team providing day to day support on technical and other matters.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated, and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies, we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CVs as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.