Financial and Strategic Advisory Supervisor/Assistant Manager
- St Philips Point - Birmingham; Bristol; Guildford; Leeds; Manchester; Milton Keynes; Southampton
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall job purpose
You will be a key member of the growing financial accounting and advisory services national team. You will be responsible for working on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting and and business advisory assignments. As a supervisor/assistant manager you would be expected to complete technically challenging projects. This will include the practical application of accounting standards under FRS 102, IFRS and FRS 101, group reconstructions and accounting considerations, conversion to different GAAP, technical accounting papers and acquisition accounting support.
The role would also include the preparation of statutory accounts under IFRS and FRS 101.
The fast growth of the department will create opportunities to develop further skill sets including business development and coaching of junior staff. It will also present an opportunity to work with a variety of colleagues and businesses across the UK, as well as supporting your local office.
A strong understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS accounting principles is essential.
- Supervision and coaching of junior team members in the preparation of financial statements that are compliant with FRS 102, FRS 101, IFRS and other relevant accounting standards.
- Taking the lead on delivering complex accountancy related projects for clients as they arise, for example IFRS transition consultancy work or support on acquisition accounting and complex consolidations.
- To act as a focal point of contact with the clients. To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified to the assignment manager and/or partner immediately. To identify and form suggested solutions.
- Management of a portfolio of clients and projects, including client care responsibilities, project management and WIP/billing management.
- To practise the principles of excellent client service always. The position will involve significant client contact.
- To liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- To act as a coach to more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required. This role has the opportunity for line management of junior staff depending on experience.
- A willingness to travel to client’s premises is required. However, the significant proportion of work is office-based working within our fast-growing team.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- ACA Qualified or equivalent.
- UK GAAP and IFRS financial reporting experience.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with clients.
- Experience of supervision of junior staff.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.