Model Risk Quantitative Auditor
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Morgan Stanley is seeking for Model Risk Quantitative Auditors for its Internal Audit Department. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s internal control, risk management and governance framework using risk-based methodologies developed from professional auditing standards. Model Risk Quantitative Auditors review all aspects of mathematical modeling methodologies and the related control framework around the development, validation, maintenance and operation of a wide range of mathematical models used in different areas of the Firm. This role provides unique opportunity to gain insight into financial products, risk management practices and mathematical modeling techniques applied across the diverse areas of the Firm. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have a keen interest in financial markets and want to gain broad insight into the Firm's modeling activities and methodologies.
- Work with talented individuals around the globe
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Opportunity to grow and shape your own career
- Inclusive and welcoming, vibrant multinational environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Carry out detailed assessment of the mathematical models of the firm, including derivatives pricing models, risk management and capital models, stress-testing models, decision-making models, AIML models etc.
- Review the methodologies and testing programs performed by Model Developers
- Assess the model validation methods and procedures applied by Model Risk Managers
- Verify the work performed by the Business, Developers and Risk Management to remediate regulatory findings and observations from US, UK, and European regulators
- Perform model-related testing applying state-of-the-art in-house data analytic techniques
- Participating in the specification and development of high-profile data analytic tools
- Document your assessment work in a clear and concise way.
- University degree in a quantitative field like Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance, Economics or Engineering
- 0 - 5+ years’ work experience in a relevant field
- Clear thinking, good business sense and judgment
- Confident command of English language
- Genuine and broad interest in financial markets and products
- Able and keen to acquire the necessary business knowledge required for the work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand and adhere to the organization’s core values
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
There are various employee offers such as free coffee and tea in the office, free fruit on weekly basis, AYCM sport benefit (firm funded XL package).
Throughout the year there are several fun events organised by our internal committees (sport, social, charity and much more).
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.