Senior Manager, Indirect Tax
- Winnipeg, MB R3C0T8/ Regina, SK S4P0J3/ Saskatoon, SK S7K5X2/Calgary, AB T2P3G4, CAN
- Customized rewards programs that focus on flexibility and work-life integration
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Indirect Tax team as a Senior Manager. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll identify benefit entitlements and develop customized federal and local indirect tax strategies that minimize clients’ tax liability while maintaining regulatory compliance.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Lead multiple client facing engagement teams responsible for GST/HST and sales tax planning and management services
- Deliver industry and technical expertise relating to complex tax issues through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and high-quality deliverables
- Manage a portfolio of clients while understanding their business, key risks and ways to deliver added value; ensuring their needs are met and that relationships and accounts grow and develop
- Research new developments in commodity and indirect tax, advise of implications of tax and policy changes
- Participate in the development and delivery of highly specialized Indirect Tax training
- Accountable for engagement planning and scheduling as well as project financials (i.e., budgets, WIPS, timely billing, collection and variance recognition)
- Maintain high quality control and apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address issues and refer to various Indirect Tax mandates
- Network in the local business community, consider business development opportunities and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation
- Completion of the In-depth Indirect Tax Program and other specialist development courses
- 7 to 8 years of relevant public accounting or tax consulting experience
- Extensive working knowledge of Canadian Indirect Tax
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship and leadership skills
- Strong strategic planning and conceptual thinking skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.