SA/AM - Financial Risk Management (Petaling Jaya)
- KPMG in Malaysia
- Petaling Jaya
- Not disclosed
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Credit control, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
KPMG’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) practice is a specialised service line of KPMG’s Risk Consulting practice, focusing on financial risk management services for financial and non-financial institutions in Malaysia and the ASEAN region. FRM’s core services includes Credit Risk, Capital Adequacy, Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Enterprise Risk, Operational Risk, Recovery Planning, Licensing Application (Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Digital Banking, E-Money) and Target Operating Model design and review. FRM’s suite of services offered are predominantly guided by regulatory standards (BNM, Basel), reporting standards (IFRS9) in addition to industry good practices.
KPMG FRM provides services which aims to assist our clients to meet the latest risk, regulatory and compliance requirements in the most dynamic and efficient manner to provide shareholder value. We pride ourselves in providing solutions which are pragmatic, and revolutionary based on the client’s unique requirements. The FRM team is currently expanding and in search of Risk Consultants of various levels to deliver services to our panel clients.
What will you do?
- Develop and review risk, regulatory and compliance related frameworks, policies and procedures for credit risk, market risk, operational risks, liquidity risk, compliance risk and other risk areas.
- Conduct gap assessments on a particular risk area (i.e. credit/ market/ operational/ compliance risks) based on regulations issued by regulator(s) and provide appropriate recommendations in the form of a documented report.
- Develop models for the purpose of capital requirements (Basel IRB), provisioning (IFRS9), credit decisioning, limit setting, stress testing and other purposes.
- Provide assurance that models used for relevant purposes are fit-for-purpose and comply with relevant requirements such as regulatory standards, internal standard/ policies.
- Perform risk analytics related activities, design processes, controls, frameworks, policies and procedures for the relevant risk areas
- Provide advisory service on market risk, liquidity risk related topics such as inter-bank offering rates transition and valuation of financial instruments, liquidity management.
- Support practice development initiatives such as research on recent regulatory developments, interpretation of standards and industry developments and development of new tools/ solutions for go to market purposes.
- For Associates/ Senior Associates, you will work in a dynamic team setting to support and provide ideas to the Project Manager/ Project Director in developing reports/ tools/ solutions and other necessary deliverables.
- Assistant Managers/ Managers are expected to lead client discussions, drive development and presentation of proposals as well as other team initiatives and manage project budget and resources as well providing guidance and direction to junior team members in developing reports/ tools/ solutions and other necessary deliverables.
- You have the opportunity to work under different risk areas as may be required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Risk, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, any Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics related discipline.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent command of English (i.e. communication, written and oral).
- For the Senior Associate/ Assistant Manager role, applicants should have:
- Relevant industry experience in risk management, regulatory compliance, strategy, internal audit or treasury functions of financial and non-financial institutions. For example, you have exposure to Basel II/II and BNM guidelines. Exposure to other regulators will also be viewed highly (i.e. HKMA, MAS, APRA, OJK).
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in banking products and service offerings.
- Experience in leading work streams or demonstrate capabilities to guide junior team members to deliver tasks.
- Experienced in developing risk governance, frameworks, policies, processes and procedures in the areas of capital management, credit, market, operational and liquidity risks.
- Have prior consulting, banking or insurance experience.
- Involved with working with team members of various levels within a fast-paced environment and is not afraid to channel your ideas across.
- Attained or in the midst of attaining professional qualification such as FRM, CFA, ACCA, CA etc.
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g. SAS solution, Python, R) will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical/ excel skillset
- For the Senior Associate/Assistant Manager role, applicants should have at least 2 to 6 years of relevant experience.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.