Associate- Finance Liquidity & Funding - (Internal Audit)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department (IAD) comprises Business, Risk and Technology Auditors; Subject Matter Experts (e.g., Risk, Data Analytics); and support functions (e.g., Audit Practices Group, Enterprise Analytics etc.) that are responsible for ensuring that the department adheres to professional, regulatory and Firm policies and procedures. IAD provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of the Firm's internal control, risk management, and governance systems and processes. It achieves this by identifying and assessing the operating risks of the Firm and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's system of internal control. The division provides opportunity to gain unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations.
We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
Team : Finance Audit (Liquidity and Funding)
The Liquidity & Funding audit team resides within the Finance audit team and reports to a senior member of the Finance audit group. The team's responsibility is to plan and coordinate year-round audit activities covering the Firm's Corporate Treasury function and the Liquidity Risk Department, working effectively with other Internal Audit staff in Finance, Risk, Business, Technology and regional audit teams.
- Performing assurance activities to assess the effectiveness of controls supporting the Firm's Liquidity and Funding processes.
- Participating in and documenting periodic continuous monitoring and risk assessment activities
- Preparing and supporting assurance planning documentation, participating in walkthroughs, and assessing the internal control environment through control and substantive testing.
- Executing test work to evaluate the adequacy of design and operating effectiveness of significant controls in mitigating key risks, by analyzing available documentation, asking insightful questions to identify root causes, drawing the appropriate conclusions and documenting the results of work performed.
- Finalizing work papers to ensure they meet internal quality assurance standards.
- Gaining expertise in the Firm's Liquidity & Funding processes, risks and controls
- Building credible relationships with internal audit staff and stakeholders and communicating effectively both orally and in written form.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Two to Five years of experience working in a bank or broker / dealer regulated environment.
- Prior experience performing walkthroughs and risk assessments of the internal control environment, performing controls and substantive testing, documenting work performed, and developing audit observations, in accordance with internal quality assurance standards, a big plus
- General understanding of the financial services industry and the associated regulatory environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, resolve challenging issues with innovative ideas, and demonstrate strong analytical, interpersonal, team-working and communication skills.
- Team player; able to communicate clearly and develop effective relationships.
- Prior experience with funding and liquidity risk management processes a plus.
- Knowledge of funding and liquidity regulatory rules is a plus.
- Working Knowledge of ley liquidity reports like LCR, NSFR, 2052a, a big plus.
- Masters'/ Bachelors' Degree (major in Accounting or Finance preferred)
- CA, CPA, or equivalent certification (preferred, though not required)
- Understanding of the Internal Audit processes (e.g., risk assessments, planning, testing, reporting and continuous monitoring) (Required)
- Monday to Friday from 12:00PM to 9:00PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters.
- Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA stakeholders