Life at Grab
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.
Get to know the Role:
We are looking for a SOX Manager to lead the regional SOX efforts in Grab.
We believe a successful candidate has Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), audit and internal control experience in the FMCG, Technology/FinTech, and/or Retail industries, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and shape the control environment in our diverse Grab businesses.
The day-to-day activities:
- Define, implement and maintain the internal SOX controls framework to ensure compliance with requirements of SOX. This includes efforts around all internal controls over financial reporting (ICFRs) as well as IT Application Controls (ITACs).
- Perform SOX management reporting of status of SOX deployment/testing and deficiencies.
- Assess deficiencies identified, work with stakeholders to recommend remediation plans/ strategies, and perform validation on remediation actions.
- Develop and maintain business relations with senior management, and be the trusted risk and controls advisor on SOX matters.
- Train and educate employees on SOX requirements and the correct execution of processes.
- Potentially 10% travel expected.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Min 8 years of audit and risk advisory (including Sarbanes-Oxley) experience, in the FMCG, Technology/FinTech, and Retail industries
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in productivity tools (Google suite, email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AuditBoard [a plus])
- Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercise critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills
- Detail oriented
- Work independently and with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of quality work product and output
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Leadership skills, with strong confidence for interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards such as COBIT
- Audit and Control experience in Big 4 or leading organisations, with a focus on the technology and/or online Internet economy sector
- Demonstrated track record in leading engagements within a professional services or consulting environment, combined with ability to work in teams effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills, both oral and written
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent project management skills and a demonstrated ability to follow through and complete tasks within tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls, IT security controls risks assessment, management and governance, fraud, auditing techniques and methodologies
- Strong technical competencies and capabilities in financial audits
- Able to work independently, a good team player and resourceful with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates with the above attributes and with CISA certification, data analytics and/or data science capabilities would have strong advantages.
- Strong understanding of SOX compliance requirements (Eg. SOX 302, 404)
- Minimum University Degree in Accounting/Finance (additional IT qualification a plus)
- International exposure (US & APAC)
We are committed to building diverse teams and creating an inclusive workplace that enables all Grabbers to perform at their best, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or sexual orientation and other attributes that make each Grabber unique.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.