Accountant | ALF Vehicle Rentals | Finance & Accounting
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Doha, QA
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 22 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
The Job holder must ensure that all the Finance related tasks are promptly and accurately completed and recorded. This role reports to the Accountant. This will mean liaising with AF stakeholders such as the AF shared services divisions (AFSS, APSSC). All finance related tasks are expected to completed smoothly. In addition there is coordination with AVR procurement, operations, rental and collection teams on routine day to day basis.
What you will do:
- Prepare all lease and rental related invoices in Carpro, arrange and submit these invoices to AVR customers and ensure these invoices are accurately reflected in SAP system. Revenue in SAP is to be reconciled on daily basis with Carpro. Ensure all agreements are up to date and follow up with the team for lease/ rental extensions(if required).
- Responsible for handling petty cash and following the petty cash policy. Regular reconciliation of petty cash. Ensure accurate petty cash document submission for the reimbursement on a weekly basis.Prepared for spot checks to be conducted when required
- Prepare the credit card reimbursement reports with necessary documents on a weekly basis. Ensure all payments are submitted from reimbursement based on credit card statement
- Update the master record of vehicle wise month wise insurance in the relevant documents/spreadsheets and forward the same at the end of each month to the Accountant.
- Co-ordinate with APSS team for monthly reconciliation of our all vendors. Back up in the procurement area.
- Assist the Accountant in preparing the month end reports and all other necessary management.
- Assist the Accountant in preparing the month end tax return requirements to the relevant authorities and all other necessary ad hoc reports requested by AVR Senior Management or AF Head Office.
- Assist in being an auditor for any ISO related work as requested by the ISO administrator.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Minimum of two(2) years -- experience in a finance function
- Strong command of English
- Strong mathematically
What equips you for the role:
- Completed a Bachelor in Accounting/ Commerce at a reputed university
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.