Associate / Senior Associate - FXEM Sales Assistant (Fixed Income Division)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA), Maharashtra, India
- Not disclosed
- 22 Mar 2023
- 23 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution.Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Securitized Products Group is a market leader across a broad range of asset classes including the residential real estate, commercial real estate, transportation and corporate sectors, with expertise in securitization, financing solutions, and other investor products.
The Global Markets Group (GMG) is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Sales & Trading businesses in India. It covers functions across FID and Institutional Equities Division (IED) ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based out of Mumbai and requires working with the FXEM UK Institutional Sales Team. The role will require a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active, communicative person with exceptional attention to detail to assist the team in optimizing efficiency around client business.
The role involves
- On-Boarding: Assisting the sales teams with new on-boarding requests, liaising with internal stake-holders and ensuring seamless start to finish approach to on-boarding new accounts. Working with internal teams to open new FX accounts, ensuring new on-boarded accounts are set up correctly in internal systems and mapped to the relevant sales person.
- Daily data reports: Using front office FX booking systems to pull reports on expiries, settlements, and mark-to-markets.
- Client Revenue reporting: Prepare regular reports for senior distribution management highlighting revenue performance and momentum including tracking hit ratios across all FX products. Ensure trader revenue is accurately reflected against the client and salesperson. Preparing detailed reports for the desk heads providing color on revenue, interactions and client coverage.
- Global role: Working with other SA to ensure seamless handover of trade bookings and amendments for the Global FXEM sales teams. This includes booking and allocating trades accurately and responding to follow ups from internal teams or the client on allocations or fixing queries.
- Post Trade Process: Working towards creating long term solutions to recurring administrative themes to help team efficiency.
- Presentations & Marketing Materials: Supporting the desks and desks heads in putting together briefing notes or presentations ahead of internal and client meetings.
The basic skills required for the role are the ability to learn quickly how to navigate Risk booking systems, databases, manipulate data from these confidently in Excel and respond to requests promptly.
We are looking for a confident and outgoing person, who has exceptional attention to detail and is proactive in taking initiative. Successful candidates will have a proven analytical mindset with concise and coherent communication skills.
- Graduate MBA with 2- 3 years of experience
- Excellent written & spoken English; Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent telephone and communication skills (regular phone contact with team and internal stakeholders required)
- Advanced knowledge and extensive hands‑on experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel including macros, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with databases, and the ability to manipulate/analyze data confidently
- Experience/exposure to FX markets and systems (Bloomberg, FXConnect, Electronic platforms) will be valuable.
- Strong analytical skills, Attention to detail, Team work, Problem solving