- BDO Australia
- Brisbane CBD, QLD
- Industry-competitive salary package
- 22 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
- Great step-up opportunity for lender or broker
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
Are you a bank lender, feeling constrained by your bank’s limited range of policies and products and ready to expand into a finance broker role with the benefit of access to a panel of over 40 lenders?
Or are you a parabroker, mortgage or finance broker seeking to advance your career in a large accounting firm with access to quality referrals and the stability of a salaried broker position?
This is a fantastic opportunity to draw on your residential and SME lending experience and advance your career.
About the Team
BDO Finance Solutions is a small team of accredited experienced finance brokers. Working within Australia’s fifth largest accounting firm and based in Brisbane’s CBD, we are inhouse brokers who primarily assist clients of the firm with their finance needs as well as BDO staff and clients from our own networks.
We operate under our own Australian Credit Licence and are accredited with over 40 lenders, enabling us to assist with all types of finance, including home loans, investment loans, equipment finance, business finance and complex commercial transactions.
Complemented by taxation and financial advisory services, the firm provides a full suite of services to clients for all their needs.
As a Finance Broker, you will manage the lending needs of clients from initial interview through to settlement and beyond. You will have the benefit of quality leads from a broad client base. You will also be comfortable developing new client relationships and sourcing referrals through your own network. You will work closely with clients, lenders, accountants, valuers, solicitors and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth process. You will gather and analyse all the required information and take the time to understand client preferences, needs and objectives to tailor a finance solution to suit the client.
In the role you will:
- Maintain and develop client relationships, becoming a trusted adviser
- Interview clients to gather information on their financial situation and determine their finance needs
- Analyse information such as credit reports, income, financial statements and bank statements to determine their ability to qualify for a loan
- Complete pricing discretion requests and servicing calculations
- Research and provide clients with guidance on various loan options that best fit their needs
- Complete loan submissions, lodge applications and assist with the process through to settlement
- Act as a conduit between the client and the lender to ensure positive client outcomes
- Provide exceptional service throughout the finance process
- Maintain accurate records for compliance and audit purposes
- Participate in regular training and development for industry updates and compliance needs
- Understand and stay current with lender policy, industry regulations, laws, and guidelines to ensure compliance
- Maintain accreditation and relationships with a panel of lenders
- Proactively identify future finance opportunities
What you will bring
- A good understanding of residential lending guidelines, credit policy and regulations
- High level of attention to detail and adherence to lending obligations and compliance
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to build strong rapport and develop long-lasting relationships with clients
- A people person who loves finding solutions and working closely with clients
- Proficient computer skills including competency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- A highly motivated, self-starter with the capability to work autonomously and independently
- Financial acumen and understanding of the current lending market
- Certificate 4 of Finance and Mortgage Broking or Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management desirable, however not essential as we will support the successful applicant in obtaining this qualification, together with obtaining lender accreditations
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver, IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This is about delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
To submit your application please click Apply Now!
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.