Finance Manager (Practice)
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £50,000 - £60,000 + bonus
- 22 Mar 2023
- 22 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Assistant management accountant, Financial accountant, Financial controller, Group accountant, Management accountant
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Newly qualified, Qualified accountant, Manager
We build and run smart finance functions for fast-growth and complex businesses.
Our mission is to deliver relevant insight that enables better business decisions.
Our vision is to transform and lead how finance delivers deep business insights to key decision-makers.
This is how we’re different
Fast-growth business leaders need responsive reporting and relevant insight now, not tomorrow. So, we use technology to simplify complex data and deliver relevant insight.
At flinder, we up the ante; we want to transform the way in which finance delivers deep business insight to key decision makers.
We support clients through the scale and funding journey. We cut through the fluff. We deliver meaningful insight. We get them ready for funding. We support them on the Board. With our help, they have the insight and evidence to tell a great story about their business to instil investors’ confidence. With our support, they continue to grow. Fast.
Most of our clients are fast-growth, typically equity-backed, businesses predominantly in London. But, we also work with businesses all over the world; for example Australia and North America on data analytics projects.
ENTREPRENEURS AT HEART
Creators. Leaders. Self-starters. We’re a fast-growth company that likes to challenge convention. We’re always thinking and looking ahead.
We’re interested in our clients. We take the time to get to know what makes their business tick. Yes, we deliver on business, data and finance challenges, but it’s always strategic, insightful and relevant.
A BS-FREE ZONE
We’re true to ourselves, and we’re straight with our clients. So, if we think something is the right thing for our client’s business, we’ll say it even if it’s not what they want to hear.
We don’t settle. We’re always looking for a better way. We’re relentless when it comes to delivering the highest standards and getting the best outcome for clients.
As a Finance Manager, you will be responsible for delivering our services to a portfolio of diverse clients predominantly in the London and South East region. with technical accounting experience you will be close to the detail and instrumental to ensuring all client deliverables are accurate and timely, including annual financial statements and technical accounting questions. You will be responsible for providing a premium client service that is absolutely second to none. just like your clients, you will also be an instrumental part of a new and growing business.
What you’ll be doing
· Lead a pod team with oversight, coaching and support
· Supporting the client onboarding journey
· Finance system design & build and working with data structures
· Improve processes for new clients to best in practice, leveraging technology where possible and streamlining them
· Supporting the design of rich bespoke client management information
· Developing client process manuals
· Reviewing close activities and monthly working papers e.g. reconciliations, vat returns, prepayments/accruals & journals
· Familiar with using and reporting from cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks)
· Reviewing management commentaries
· Reviewing monthly/quarterly management accounts
· Review of annual statutory accounts and corporation tax
· Investigating and responding to technical accounting queries
· Primary relationship owner for less complex clients
· Performing ad hoc requests and non routine questions from clients
· Ad-hoc work required in an agile business
· Technical support to flinder business advisors in delivery of their portfolios
Who we’re looking for
· An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
· At least 1 year of relevant post qualification experience in a small to mid sized practice
· Extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes
· Specific experience with the companies act requirements and uk gaap
· An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs
· Experience in managing multiple stakeholders
· Strong project management and multitasking skills
· Strong computer skills, with particular experience in excel
· Experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live)
· Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
· The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes
· An approach that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none
· Drive and desire for progression within flinder, we want you to be our business advisor of the future
Rewards and Benefits:
- Unlimited holidays
- Discretionary performance related bonus (expectation 5 – 10%)
- Pension contributions
- Fully paid strategy week each year
- Employee perks provided through PerkBox
- Flexible working
- Laptop available for business and personal use
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance