External Audit Senior Manager
- KPMG Jamaica
- Kingston, Jamaica
- 21 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant, Manager
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services.
KPMG is the brand under which the member firms of KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”) operate and provide professional services. “KPMG” is used to refer to individual member firms within the KPMG organization or to one or more member firms collectively.
Let’s help you Find Your Purpose !
At KPMG, our vision is to be the Clear Choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
This opportunity is for you!
We invite you to join our expanding Audit practice as our next Senior Manager - External Audit.
- Reviewing detailed audit work of various insurance and investment structures and related vehicles;
- Reviewing financial statements in accordance with IFRS, US GAAP, UK GAAP and International Accounting Standards;
- Managing multiple projects;
- Researching accounting and regulatory issues;
- Managing a large and complex client portfolio;
- Playing an active role in the management and supervision of the personnel within the audit practice
- Developing client proposals, presentations & other client related documents.
- Direct, coach and mentor assigned audit staff in a performance manager role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Accountants (e.g. ACCA, CPA etc)
- At least six (6) years of post-qualification external audit experience in a professional accounting firm conducting medium-sized audits.
- Audit experience in the financial services fields in addition to knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience working with electronic audit tools and methodologies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage.
- Significant practical experience as an Audit Manager in an external audit capacity.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to adapt to a multi-cultural experience.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.