External Audit Senior Manager
- KPMG in Trinidad & Tobago
- Trinidad and Tobago (TT)
- Market Competitive
- 21 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
KPMG in Caricom is a member firm of KPMG International, and is comprised of offices in Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean operating as one integrated business. KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services.
KPMG firms operate in 143 countries and territories with more than 265,000 partners and employees working in member firms around the world. Working in our Audit team within KPMG Caricom means being a part of a team of supportive and highly talented individuals who genuinely enjoy working together to deliver high-quality financial statement audits to entities within their respective sectors as well as providing valuable industry specific insights and perspectives on salient issues to our clients.
We invite you to join our expanding Audit practice as our next Senior Manager - External Audit.
- Reviewing detailed audit work of various insurance and investment structures and related vehicles;
- Reviewing financial statements in accordance with IFRS, US GAAP, UK GAAP and International Accounting Standards;
- Managing multiple projects;
- Researching accounting and regulatory issues;
- Managing a large and complex client portfolio;
- Playing an active role in the management and supervision of the personnel within the audit practice
- Developing client proposals, presentations & other client related documents.
- Direct, coach and mentor assigned audit staff in a performance manager role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Accountants (e.g. ACCA, CPA etc)
- At least six (6) years of post-qualification external audit experience in a professional accounting firm conducting medium-sized audits.
- Audit experience in the financial services fields in addition to knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience working with electronic audit tools and methodologies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with PowerPoint and Access would be an advantage.
- Significant practical experience as an Audit Manager in an external audit capacity.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to adapt to a multi-cultural experience.
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.