Audit Senior Manager
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
About RSM and our Public Interest Entity/Listed Audit offering
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue or continue a career in Audit at RSM.
Audit is our largest service line nationally and we are continuing to increase our market share amongst listed and PIE audits across the UK. This represents a fantastic opportunity, for the right candidate, to work within a specialist team, based across the UK, who are focused primarily on the delivery of the highest quality audit workto PIE and listed clients.
We provide statutory audits to listed plcs (PIEs, OEPIs and main list/ AIM groups) across a wide variety of sectors and across a number of locations. To support our growth plans we are currently looking for talented Audit Senior Managers to manage a portfolio of client work and to drive forward our internal initiatives around people development, audit quality and technical excellence.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness; we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote ‘from within’ wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations, and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
You will be a critical member of a growing national team, working directly with like-minded audit Partners and Directors, to deliver quality audits to PIEs, OEPIs and other listed entities. With your strong leadership, project management and technical auditing skills, you will manage audit engagement teams comprising Managers, Assistant Managers, Supervisors and Assistants, to ensure audits are completed effectively, to the right level of quality. You will bring your existing experience to bear as well as learning from colleagues as you contribute to the future shape of our PIE/listed audit business. We encourage secondments to our Audit Quality team and Quality Assurance Department and part the ongoing development of our people.
- To manage a portfolio of audit engagements focused on PIEs, OEPIs and other listed entities
- To motivate our audit teams, seek and provide feedback, and act as line manager for a pool of our talented people.
- To project manage audit engagements from end to end.
- To keep fully up-to-date with the latest developments in reporting standards, FRC pronouncements and the ongoing evolution of audit methodology and quality standards.
- To take active participation in the design and delivery of internal (in-person/ virtual) technical and commercial meetings involving our listed audit professionals throughout the UK.
- To manage each audit assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and International Standards on Auditing, ensuring quality and excellence at all times, including liaison with Engagement Quality Control Reviewers.
- To liaise with the audited entity throughout the year, on matters including timetable, audit visits, delivery of information and billing arrangements practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To brief staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- To perform the firm’s review and completion procedures, including attendance at clearance meetings and Audit Committee meetings.
- To manage WIP and billing, considering budgets, scope changes and engagement profitability.
- To support Partners and Directors with new audit business opportunities, including scoping audit opportunities, preparing audit tender documents and presenting audit pitches.
Do you enjoy leading teams and helping others to develop and grow? Do you have proven experience managing listed and/or PIE audits? Do you possess excellent project management skills to work to firm reporting deadlines? Do you want to work in a growing team, with a supportive culture, providing audit services to exciting businesses to the very highest standards?
Our culture is our greatest strength, and as an Audit Senior Manager at RSM we will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career.
- Experience of working as a Senior Manager in a medium/large firm.
- Experience of PIE/listed work is essential.
- An open mind to hybrid/ flexible working as our team and client needs require.
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience operating at manager level in a similar role is required
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality audits
- Assurance experience from a practice background would be a distinct advantage
- Assurance experience of Owner Managed Business clients would be advantageous
- Experience of analytical review approach desirable
- Business development experience and interest would be a distinct advantage
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment. For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.