Associate/Senior Associate - Regulatory Reporting (ISG Operations)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA), Maharashtra, India
- Not disclosed
- 21 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Fund accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Morgan Stanley Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Job Function: Regulatory Reporting team - Associate / Senior Associate/ Manager
Department: Morgan Stanley Fund Services
Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) provides fund administration services to the world’s leading hedge funds. MSFS has around 1300+ professional globally and of which, 700+ employees works out of India. Our offices are spread in New York, Dublin, London, Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hong Kong.
MSFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley. The parent company, Morgan Stanley, has obtained Financial Holding Company status in theUnited States. Subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley are subject to the supervision and regulations of the Federal Reserve Bank. MSFS is an independent legal and business venture within Morgan Stanley. It provides services on a stand-alone basis, independently from other Morgan Stanley affiliates.
The services offered by MSFS include:
- Accounting support including financial reporting
- Investor Services
- Tax Services
- Middle Office support
- Corporate Secretary Services
- StratumSM, investor transparency reporting.
The Regulatory Reporting group of Morgan Stanley Fund Services assists global hedge fund clients to meet the regulatory reporting requirements of different regulators across the globe.
The group currently seeks a person who has a sound knowledge of financial products especially in OTC derivatives to perform various exposure calculations also has an understanding of various risk parameters. Sharp analytical skills to validate client reports, assist clients for various regulatory reporting offerings and responding to client queries.
The team is also constantly engaged upon new projects, and the candidate in due course will participate in accordance to his/her demonstrated skills.
- Provide Regulatory reporting solutions to Hedge fund clients of different regions like North America, Europe and Asia
- Interpreting Regulatory guidelines (FormPF, CPO-PQR, AIFMD-AnnexIV, OPERA, 13F etc) and liaising with different regulatory bodies for new or changes in existing guidelines
- Liaising with various functional teams like Accounting, Analytics and Investor service team to source accurate and required data as per reporting guidelines
- Coordinating with technology team for various business projects and performing user acceptance testing
- Working with global counterpart to ensure timely delivery of various reports
- Assisting clients to understand various product exposure, regulations and reporting requirements of different regions
- MBA Finance: CFA or FRM will be an advantage
- Strong Communications skills for client servicing including demonstrating various MSFS-Regulatory offerings
- Strong understanding of financial products incl. derivatives mathematics.
- To calculate position exposures
- Ability to articulate functioning of exotic derivatives products and their valuation
- Understanding of key Risk concepts like VAR, Option Greeks, PV01, DV01, CS01 and Stress scenario calculations
- Working Knowledge of vendor systems like Bloomberg, SuperD, MarkIT etc. would be an added advantage
- knowledge of Excel VBA (develop, maintain and optimize existing Excel VBA) will be added advantage
- Attention to detail and must constantly look for ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly within the team beyond and across international borders