Finance Analyst / Associate Liquidity Reporting
- Morgan Stanley
- Glasgow, UK
- Not disclosed
- 21 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Finance Analyst/Associate Liquidity Reporting
The Liquidity Reporting team is responsible for preparing, calculating, reviewing & filing both the internal and external liquidity and other funding reporting returns required by the Firm's regulators. The team has grown over the last 15 years from 6 to now almost 70 people in the department. There is a collaborative culture & a positive work environment, as evidenced by the average service length. The main client of the team is Corporate Treasury, who manage the Liquidity & Funding needs of the business & sign off the reporting. Other stakeholders include Technology, Legal Entity & Product Controllers. The role will focus on preparing controls and performing analysis of the inputs used in the liquidity reports of the Firm.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare sections of the daily & monthly liquidity reporting for the Firm.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders including Corporate Treasury & Technology, across different departments & regions.
- Undertake analysis of liquidity reporting data to validate, understand & provide commentary on key business drivers.
- Participate in improvement efforts including department level work streams & IT automation initiatives.
- Ensure liquidity reporting adheres to the defined control framework & is consistent with other reporting produced across the wider team.
Located in Glasgow's dynamic International Financial Services District our office has an open, diverse, thriving company culture. The office has a wellness center, including gym and shower/changing facilities, GP, Prayer room, Restaurant, and onsite.
We have an open, inclusive culture that empowers employees to reach their individual & professional goals. We encourage everyone who works here to think like owners & take pride in our worldwide reputation.
What we’re looking for:
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Talent and responsibility — you take pride in the quality of your work and your contribution to the team.
- Collaboration — you enjoy working within a team to achieve common goals.
- Communication — you can communicate and build relationships with a diverse range of people with varying levels of knowledge and experience.
- Experience using MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) beneficial.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- The ability to work independently in a self-directed way in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience of working in the financial services industry or the Finance department of an organisation.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.