Financial Reporting Business Adviser
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
Are you looking to further your career in accountancy? We are looking for a part-qualified accountant who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance within our Business Services and Outsourcing (BS&O) department.
This opportunity is to join a fast growing team in a vibrant and modern office environment, focusing on delivering a portfolio of clients where we provide statutory accounts preparation for both unaudited and audited entities.
In this role you will:
- Prepare/review year end statutory accounts for clients with supporting schedules where required.
- Liaise with clients/auditors as needed, dealing with issues which may arise, escalating to senior/manager as required.
- Assist in research of complex technical areas and offer solutions.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing consolidation models including disclosures.
- Understanding of corporation tax compliance requirements, and information required to generate tax disclosures in financial statements.
- Manage own workload and support others to ensure you work as a team and reviews are completed within the necessary timeframes. Become aware of own client’s deadlines.
- Involvement in non-client projects to develop the department and our service offering.
- Monitors delivery against a project plan and escalate as appropriate where required.
- Suggest and action process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ad hoc administration tasks for the team and department.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients and ensure that all communications are conducted in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate a sound awareness of how businesses operate, the commercial environment and its impact on the client’s business.
- Manage information efficiently.
- Maintain awareness of risk and deliver high quality documents, including ensuring compliance with BDO’s client taken-on procedures and engagement contracts.
We’re looking for someone who is AAT qualified (or equivalent). We will offer a study support package to pursue further qualification (ACCA/ACA).
Our clients range in size, from ambitious entrepreneurial owner-managed business to multi-national groups, operating across a broad spectrum of sectors, including manufacturing, technology & media, real estate and professional services.
To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, the department also plays a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering.
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.