SAP Finance Solution Expert - Corporate | Enterprise IT | Dubai
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounts payable/receivable, Business analyst, Finance manager, Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
Solution Experts are responsible for providing direction and guidance to support and deliver business solutions in their domain expertise aligned with IT strategy.
It is also expected from solution experts to collaborate with other stakeholders to find the right fit and build consensus to support business case and benefits realisation.
The SAP Finance Solution Expert is responsible for leading the implementation of Finance related systems across relevant Al Futtaim entities. The role will work closely with AFG Finance stakeholders and leadership in implementing SAP Finance solutions to satisfy their requirements.
There will be a strong emphasis on translating business requirements into functional requirements using technology as a key enabler. Although the primary focus of the role will be on Finance solutions there is an expectation that the SAP Finance Solution Expert will identify integration points with the wider finance and business function to ensure that interdependencies are identified and considered when developing and implementing SAP Finance solutions
What you will do
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Lead the organisation in exploiting technology and use knowledge of IT solutions to drive organisational change and support business process design improvements.
- Drive adoption of standard solutions across companies and geographies and minimise bespoke developments.
- Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions.
- Ensure compliance with IT Policies, Security Standards and strengthen internal controls. Identify and manage key risks in your solution domain.
- Participate in RFI & RFP processes for sourcing software services and solutions for the business.
- Support in building TCO and business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
Leadership & Team Management
- Build a lean, skilled and fully engaged team; working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads.
- Develop team in line with target competencies.
- Motivate team members to maintain excellence in service delivery and have opportunities for professional development.
- Promote and fast-track your talent within EIT.
Other Key Responsibilities
- To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders in IT to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics and avoid any escalations.
- Contribute to the improvement of the solution demand & delivery practices, procedures, methodologies and tools through identification of and participation in improvement initiatives.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.
Required skills to be successful
- Experience in at least 3 end to end implementations of S/4HANA Finance
- Expert working knowledge in S/4HANA Finance
- In-depth working knowledge in Green field implementation, Roll-outs, Upgrades, System Conversion, Data Migration related to SAP Finance modules.
- Expert working knowledge in S/4HANA Finance
- Understanding business process, study & analyzing workflow to design solutions (To-be, Why-why Analysis & Freezing)
- Engaging and coordinating business analysis sessions for understanding client business processes
- Providing business consultancy services & direction for developing organizational processes, framework and methodology for clients
- Consultancy proficiency for SAP Finance Implementation & Support for the following areas :
- Interacting with clients for requirement gathering
- Preparing scope of implementation and conducting Fit-GAP analysis
- Developing functional and technical specifications
- Setting up of master files and importing the relevant data
- Providing training to the end users
- Formulating fit-gap document based on the client requirements
- Implementing & support of Organization Structure, AR, AP, New GL, New Asset Accounting, Bank Account Management (BAM), Planning & Budgeting, Fiori, Cost Centre Accounting, Internal Order, Profit Center Accounting, Product Costing, CO-PA, Withholding Tax, VAT Accounting, Corporate Tax, Project Systems, Inter-Company Transactions & Billing, Universal Journal, Cash Management, Customer- Vendor Integration, API, Data Migration, CFIN
- Documenting requirements & developing specifications for customization
- Finance Integration with CFIN,HR, MM, SD & Warehouse management
- In-depth working knowledge in FICO implementations, data migrations, rollouts, upgrades and distributed architecture environment
- Understand dependency between FI and CO and Integration with other SAP modules (MM, SD, HR, PS and BI) and external applications.
- Strong business process knowledge stretching beyond SAP functionality for Core Finance
- Understands delivery within a context of possible constraints (e.g., cost, schedule) and able to operate effectively within those constraints.
- Proficient in design, deliver and manage the customized ABAP solutions and interfaces with 3rd party systems.
- Manage the activities of data extractions, explaining the conversion process, defining data requirements, and working with the business team to correct data in their legacy systems and prepare for the data conversion cycle.
- Following documentation standard as the SAP best practice scenario
- Experience in RE-FX module & IFRS16
- Integration knowledge with various satellite system including interfaces.
- Proficient in design, deliver and manage the customized ABAP solutions (incl. custom reports) and interfaces with 3rd party systems.
- SAP Activate / Agile project delivery experience
What equips you for the role
- College or University degree in Finance/Accounting/IT or a related discipline
- Minimum of (10) years of experience in the design, configuration, testing, debugging, delivery and support of SAP FICO & S/4HANA Finance processes and full SAP project life cycles of significant size, scope and complexity
- Expertise in the Finance data migration (such as General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset accounting, Profit center planning data, associated master data objects and configuration tasks)
- Experience with and understanding of criticalities in the Data migration activities
- In-depth knowledge of SAP Finance is essential
- SAP Finance Professional certification will be a plus
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.