Procurement Executive | Group Procurement | Dubai
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounts payable/receivable, Business analyst, Finance manager, Financial planning & analysis
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
Manage assigned spend categories of annual spend in excess of AED 5 million in line with the guidelines in the Policy, Co-ordinate with the UAE based and International Business Units, with their Business Finance & with Corporate Shared Services, Handle Procure 2 Pay operations on SAP/ Ariba for self-owned categories and on behalf of assigned team colleagues, Source and Develop new vendors, Manage assigned vendor relationships, Conduct Spend analysis, conduct sourcing of FM & Projects related to CAPEX & OPEX in nature.
What you will do
Deliver Cost efficiency & more value for money
- Negotiate overall savings in the range of 5%-10%, negotiate on non-financial parameters such as Payment Terms, Warranty
Commercial proposal to be effectively evaluated
- Bids to be supported with technical evaluation process.
- Effectively supports with the preparation of award recommendations for suppliers with coordination of Business units.
- Vendor commercial proposal to be evaluated using effective methods of price comparison
Source new and manage competitive vendors
- Regularly conduct VPQQ in a timely manner with new vendors.
- Create and maintain good relationships with the vendors/ supplies.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Ensure minimum number of quotations received per project in line with procurement policy
Ensure Operational efficiency
- Cataloguing of repeated spends
- Overall turn around time to close a purchasing request.
- Time taken to approve PR/ PO in the system
Effective internal customer relationship management
- Timely & professional communication with the team & business peers
- Work with team members and procurement manager to complete duties as needed.
- Timely generation/ updating of management report(s)
Required skills to be successful
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in FM / CAPEX & OPEX related Procurement/ Administration/ Finance
- Previous hands-on experience in dealing with vendors (quotations, payments, reconciliations)
- Knowledge of handing procurement operations on ERP and/or a P2P platform is desirable
- Intermediate skill on MS Excel, MS Word and MS Presentations
What equips you for the role
- Full time Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Any Procurement or Finance Certification is an added value
- Strong verbal and written English communication
- Arabic or other languages such as Hindi/ Urdu are an added value
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.