Senior Bank & Country Risk Analyst
- Bank of Ireland
- Dublin, Republic of Ireland | Hybrid
- 21 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
What is the opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a highly performing risk management Team. You will have a chance to acquire / expand global capital markets' risk management and business expertise in a multifaceted and friendly environment, where people are at the core of everything we do.
They role will allow you to be directly involved in the management and analysis of the Group's bank, country and sovereign exposure and risks portfolios.
In the role you will
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of banks and sovereigns, combined with informed credit limit recommendation on an individual and portfolio basis.
- Ensure bank & country dealing limits are monitored carefully and maintained at suitable levels.
- Support management of the F-IRB bank rating system management function and development, ensuring its compliance with CRD IV/CRR requirements.
- Monitor regulatory disclosures, financial news, rating agency and other publications to maintain a high level of awareness of current banking macroeconomic and regulatory environment.
- Actively manage cyclical review of the existing risk frameworks, policies and processes with a view of improving their deployment and structural efficiency.
What will make you stand out
- You have excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Your accuracy and attention to detail is second to none.
- You have brilliant analytical skills and you enjoy examining information to identify problems and trends.
- High quantitative literacy is crucial
Experience with any of the following will help you to stand out but is not necessary in order to apply for this role;
- Knowledge of IRB rating models and their methodologies.
- Portfolio stress-testing
- Post-grad (masters level) qualifications in finance or advance banking risk management.
- CFA / FRM
- Experience in data management / data analytics.
- Experience in or knowledge of bank, country and / or corporate credit and financial analysis. Understanding of Global capital markets and treasury products will be a bonus.
More about the team
The Bank & Country Risk Unit (BCRU) reports directly to the CEO Global Markets and acts as an independent centre of expertise and has the responsibility for management and oversight of bank (developed & emerging markets), country (global), sovereign and trade finance risk within the Bank of Ireland Group.
In managing bank & country risk, BCRU strives to maintain a robust risk culture, in support of the Group's strategic priorities by ensuring appropriate application of the risk management framework, processes, policies and controls.
Why work with us?
The Bank of Ireland company culture prioritises work-life balance with an opportunity for flexible working, along with 23 days annual leave and excellent pension contributions. Family can mean different things to different people; we offer 6 months paid maternity leave, an innovative fertility and surrogacy policy and working parent supports.
Your wellbeing is important to us; we have an employee assistance program, WebDoctor and financial wellbeing coaches available. We also encourage and support staff to pursue educational and professional qualifications to grow and enhance your career!
- Manage Risk - Self
- Accountable - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
- Customer Focused - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce. We offer reasonable accommodation at every stage of the application and interview process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.