Head of Fund Services
Reporting to the Market Leader, the role will responsible for the leadership of the Australia fund business’ client servicing and client support teams, and the development of the Australia funds practice area in collaboration with the Global Head of Funds. The individual will focusing on local and global strategic development, and its implementation, and providing commercial support locally in executing revenue growth plans.
Functional responsibilities included
- Client relationship management
- Client administration
- Fund accounting
- Regulatory reporting
- Financial reporting
- Client and Investor Due Diligence
- Investor Services
Fiduciary & Regulatory
- Member of Market Management Team and other committees as required.
- Builds and maintains a collaborative and positive relationship with local market and regional leadership, practice heads and global leadership;
- Act as a director for client companies.
- Act as “A” signatory for client companies. Can act as personal director on client structures.
- Ensure full compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Fully understand the requirements of the Group’s business plan and work to ensue successful delivery of the Group’s stated objectives.
- Lead the delivery of services meeting and continuously improving client service standards.
- Client Satisfaction Ratings responsibility and driving periodic improvements.
- Facilitating cross-office client relationship management.
- Review implement solutions for all contentious and complex technical and/or servicing matters in conjunction with in-house SMEs.
- Undertake client service business plans including specific account plans and retention plans where appropriate. Identify key resources and investments necessary to underpin these plans.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of the fund business’ target P&L and operation performance KPIs.
- Identify efficiency gains and exploit opportunities for margin improvement within the local funds team.
- Support the Market Leader in local strategy development and implementation.
- Support the Global Head of Funds in global strategy development and implementation.
- Support the Commercial Director in the development and implementation growth plans.
- Keep up to date on legal/regulatory/tax based developments or changes that could affect the fund business and client base. Identify the key impacts and in conjunction with compliance, ensure staff are adequately trained on any impact.
- Implementing the global operating model for the CI business through strong analytical and planning skills, in collaboration with the Global Head of Funds and other funds market leaders.
- Implementing the optimum balance of insourced and outsourced activity.
- Ensuring strong controls are in place with adherence to relevant policies, operational procedures and processes such as SOC 1 standards
- Reporting on operational activity, and implementing continuous improvement programmes and workflow planning
- Driving quality and service level improvements
- Driving operational change, e.g. digitization
- Exploring and implementing efficiency opportunities to improve profitability
- Leadership of the team and wider business as a member of the Market Management Team.
- Driving values, culture and employee engagement
- Ensure adequate resourcing and support recruitment activity.
- Team Management & Mentoring of the client servicing and support teams.
- Oversee team development and succession planning.
- Identifies cross-sell and up-sell revenue growth opportunities and works across the TMF network to deliver on such opportunities;
- New-new business development.
- Implement and drive a local intermediary relationship programme.
- New product development.
- Generation of Thought Leadership to clients and the market.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure the fund business is compliant with local regulations and laws.
- Proactively work with the Head of Risk & Compliance – Funds to implement, monitor and enhance controls in the operation of the business.
- Continue to improve the quality of client data and standard of client files to comply with the local regulations.
- Graduate in a relevant field and a professional qualification. E.g. CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the fund business.
- Experience operating as a member of the Board of a regulated funds company.
- A comprehensive understanding of their subject area to explain both the concept and principles to clients, staff and Group representatives.
- Prior people management and leadership experience.
- Expertise in all MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Other software packages as appropriate.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Applications close: 31 Mar 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight TimeFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.