Product Control Senior Manager (Hybrid)
- Citi EMEA
- Budapest, Hungary/Hybrid
- Not disclosed
- 21 Mar 2023
- 13 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Join our expanding Citi Finance Team in Budapest and make your own progress in a supportive and friendly environment!
We are a people-oriented organization that appreciates and promotes personal and professional aspirations. Our corporate culture is empathic: we acknowledge life-work balance throughout your career path.
Product Control Senior Manager
Product Control is the largest department in Finance primarily responsible for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with reporting and analysing the daily P&L. Candidate will work closely with all other areas of the Finance department, liaising with the trading desk, risk management, operations and middle office.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities:
- Manage the supervisors of the group who are overseeing the end-to-end Product Control process
- Supervise and review the daily P&L preparation and related activities: review and analyse new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated, also understand and analyse the P&L coming from market moves on the existing portfolio of trades
- Ensure that all deliverables are met, regulatory deadlines are kept, and audit rating is satisfactory
- Work closely and establish excellent business relationships with all areas of the Finance department, liaising with the Trading Desk, Risk Management, Operations, Middle Office and IT teams
- People manager responsibilities including succession planning, new employee hiring, team member coaching and development,
- Use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner, focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Support standardization efforts and work on ad-hoc projects to implement process improvement ideas
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Finance (similar role is an advantage)
- University/College degree in Finance/Accounting is an advantage but not a must and we are open to other majors
- ACCA certificate is considered a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Commitment to people-oriented leadership
- Great interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong analytical and control mind-set
- Can-do spirit
- Strong PC skills in MS Excel, Word. Training will be provided on other in house and industry standard systems used in this position.
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- Competitive compensation package with a wide range of benefits:
- Cafeteria Program
- Home Office Allowance - for colleagues working in hybrid and remote work models
- Paid Parental Leave Program - maternity leave and paternity leave
- Private Medical Care Program and onsite medical rooms at our offices
- Pension Plan Contribution to voluntary pension fund
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to a wide variety of learning and development programs, online course libraries and upskilling platforms, such as Udemy and Degreed
- Flexible work arrangements to support colleagues’ in managing work - life balance
- Continuous career progression opportunities across geographies and business lines
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture
- Socially active employee communities with diverse networking opportunities
Apply to join the world’s most global bank and discover the true extent of your capabilities!
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.