Head of SSGA Global Operations – SVP (Hybrid)
- State Street
- Boston, Massachusetts/ New York, New York/London, England/ Hybrid
- Not disclosed
- 21 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Forensic accountant, Fund accountant, Head of finance, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Head of SSGA Global Operations – SVP
Location: Boston or London
State Street Global Advisors is one of the largest asset managers in the world, with $3.26 Trillion in assets under management. We offer one of the broadest ranges of strategies across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. We deliver these strategies through a wide range of vehicles – including both registered and unregistered funds in major global jurisdictions – from Australia and Japan, the UK, Ireland and Luxembourg and the USA. Solutions include our pioneering ETFs, mutual and UCITS funds.
The role of the Global Advisors (“GA”) Head of Global Operations, reporting directly into the GA Chief Operating Officer, is responsible for the global oversight of operations teams in N.A., EMEA and APAC and will directly collaborate with the global GA businesses and support teams. The GA Head of Global Operations will manage a staff of 300+ headcount (Boston, London, Dublin, Tokyo, HK, Sydney, Bangalore & Krakow) and an annual direct expense budget of $75M
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.What Your Will Be Responsible For
This successful candidate will be senior member of the organization’s Global Chief Operating Office, reporting directly to the Global COO.
This Boston or London based position will be a senior member of the GA Chief Operating Office of the organization, reporting directly to the Global COO, and will collaborate closely with the primary businesses functions including the Global Institutional Group (GIG), SPDR, Investment Management, Cash and OCIO teams, as well as the support functions including product, technology, compliance, legal, finance, HR and risk.Your Role Will Include
- Client Administration including Global Shareholder Services, AML/KYC oversight & Operations Solutions
- Information Delivery & Data Management including Global Client Reporting, Fund Data Publishing, Web & Digital Solutions & GIPS Oversight
- Collaboration with N.A. Client Implementations Team for client onboarding
- Oversight of EMEA & APAC Client Implementations Team for client onboarding
- Leading role on the development and implementation of middle office future state platform
- Ensuring best in class service levels from Front/Middle/Back Office service providers with agreed upon metrics
- Execution of GA operations specific platform modernization strategic initiatives
- Drive service excellence for internal clients (ie portfolio managers & distribution leads)
- Collaborate with Distribution leaders on client take-on to the GA automated client portal ensuring an optimal client experience
- Co-leadership of Project Management Office with COO Chief of Staff
- Collaborate with Global Funds Management team on oversight, fund board relationships & regulatory compliance activities
- Formalize Global Process Owners across the operations organization
- Instill a culture of Risk Excellence and best in class controls for the Global Operations organization
- Development of a global location strategy for ~300 headcount organization
- Instill a culture of transformation & continuous improvement via productivity initiatives
- Collaborate with executive SSGA team to align priorities and expectations across the firm and its affiliates (custodian, transfer agent, securities lending and investment operations
- Drive employee engagement initiatives amongst the global operations team leading to an above internal/external benchmark employee experience
- 17+ years’ experience in fund administration, tax, product management, compliance or equivalent role in the asset management industry
- Advanced degree in Business or Finance and/or CPA designation preferred
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage complex projects to tight deadlines
- Strong technical skills related to product structures, operational platforms, IT, regulatory regimes, etc. globally
- Attentive to detail with an ability to look critically at a problem and proposed solutions
- Ability to build, manage, develop and motivate a high-functioning, diverse team to deliver results
- Ability to influence colleagues to support business goals
- Strong commercial mindset and ability to break down barriers to achieve business
- Active ongoing engagement with stakeholders including; business partners, and , auditors to ensure administrative and operational effectiveness
- Engage with enterprise information management and technology to influence data governance to support data integrity
- Identify key performance metrics for evaluating effectiveness against objectives.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks.
You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$225,000 - $337,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.