Assurance - Core Assurance- Experienced Associate FS - Dubai
- PwC Middle East
- Not disclosed
- 21 Mar 2023
- 06 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 152 countries and almost 328,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 7,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team with its tailored solutions, brings international experience, helping our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes over 2,300 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC’s global network that is operating worldwide. PwC Middle East’s Assurance practice combines the right mix of human-led and tech powered solutions to provide our clients with quality audits and other risk services that create confidence and impact in our region and across society.
What is expected from you?
As an Audit Associate, you will be reporting to Seniors and above, working as part of a team that helps the clients building trust and solving complex challenges. Your job duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Executing External Audits and statutory reporting for different types of clients
- Taking accountability for researching and understanding key facts on the client’s industry information before the engagement begins
- Analyzing engagement economics of self and field staff and explaining variances from the budgets
- Working with teams to collaborate and execute the Financial Audit strategies and methodologies for our clients (Analysing the client’s environment, assessing the risks and the internal control framework, auditing the financial statements, drafting recommendations and specific reports)
- Analysing and documenting internal controls and control environment
- Working closely with the Senior Associates and above on the engagement identifying potential risk areas
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensuring you are adhering to compliance with the risk, quality and independence matters
- Working on developing internal and external relationships and ensuring reflecting PwC values on your day to day work when working in diverse teams
- Contributing to the development of your own technical and global acumen
- Taking part in the digital initiatives and upskilling areas which aligns most with your team’s business needs
What will you bring?
You are ambitious and get use of opportunities to grow and develop. In addition, you recognise yourself in the following characteristics:
- A degree in accounting, finance or any other related academic major
- Completed or pursuing a professional qualification, such as ACCA, CA, ACA, CPA (preferably)
- Professional experience of at least 1-3 years in external financial audit preferably in one of the big4 professional services firm
- Experience in applying the international standards on Auditing (ISAs) on the external audit of financial services with excellent IFRS knowledge relevant to the FS practice (such as IFRS 9, 7) and financial services regulations
- Experience working with Banking industries is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written) is a plus
- Business development and client relationship building skills
- Willingness to challenge the ‘norms’ and to create a cohesive and effective working team
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge in any Audit technologies, and experience using Data Analytics tools is a plus
- Commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that help us deliver our business strategy - that make up “The PwC Professional”.
The PwC Professional framework plays a significant role in outlining the capabilities needed by our people to flourish, learn and develop together as leaders at every level. The framework exists to support the development and career progression of our people, helping them to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today’s changing global marketplace.
Why you’ll love working for PwC
We’re a business that leads with the heart and we prioritise our people. Led by our value of care, we find ways to help our people, our clients and one another. With PwC, you will ignite a meaningful career and will be provided with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits designed to encourage your growth, like:
- A competitive remuneration plan in which you will be rewarded for your success and acknowledged for the value you provide to our company .
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. This makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients.
- A flexible workframe to encourage work-life balance.
- We care about our employees' mental health and well-being by providing specialists to offer advice, as well as meditation, yoga, and other relaxation online sessions.
- Limitless opportunities for continuous learning and digital upskilling.
- A friendly atmosphere that encourages innovative mindsets, relationships development, and assisting others in growing and working in ways that bring out their best.
- A competitive Schooling allowance and insurance packages (As per PwC policy).
To learn more about our new equation that built this culture please visit this link.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.
Learn more about “Life at PwC ME” through this link.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.