Audit Senior Manager
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
About the Department
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue or continue a career in Audit at RSM.
Audit is our largest service line nationally, and we are growing rapidly and with that growth comes an opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge with the leader of the middle market!
We provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs and charities, through to large listed PLCs.
This role sits within the core Audit Department however, due to the unprecedented growth, we are currently looking for talented Audit Senior Managers to manage a portfolio of Listed clients, AIM listed clients and large international groups.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. Within Audit, we promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
You will be a critical member of a growing team, working directly with audit Partners and Directors, to deliver quality audits to Listed Companies, AIM listed companies, and large international groups. With your strong leadership, project management and technical auditing skills, you will manage audit engagement teams comprising Managers, Assistant Managers, Supervisors and Assistants, to ensure audit are completed effectively.
- To manage a portfolio of audit engagements focused on Listed companies, AIM listed companies and large international groups.
- To motivate our audit teams, seek and provide feedback, and act as line manager for a pool of our talented people.
- To project manage audit engagements from end to end.
- To manage each assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and International Standards on Auditing, ensuring Assurance quality at all times, including liaison with Engagement Quality Control Reviewers.
- To liaise with the audited entity throughout the year, on matters including timetable, audit visits, delivery of information and billing arrangements practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To brief staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- To perform the firm’s review and completion procedures, including attendance at clearance meetings and Audit Committee meetings.
- To manage WIP and billing, considering budgets, scope changes and engagement profitability.
- To support Partners and Directors with Business Development, including scoping audit opportunities, preparing audit tender documents and presenting audit pitches.
Do you enjoy leading teams and helping others to develop and grow? Do you have proven experience managing listed or Public Interest Entity audits specifically within industries such as Manufacturing, Retail, Professional services or Technology. Do you possess excellent project management skills to work to firm reporting deadlines? Do you want to work closely with your portfolio of clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution?
Our culture is our greatest strength, and as a Audit Senior Manager at RSM we will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career. To profitably manage a substantial portfolio of clients ensuring that the clients receive a quality service in all respects. In addition, to make a positive contribution towards developing the Assurance team.
The role requires:
- Experience of working as a Senior Manager in a medium/large firm, preferably top 10.
- Experience of Non for Profit organisations is essential.
- Experience of / willingness to get involved in Business Development initiatives.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.