Manager Project Controller
- BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre S/B
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur (BSSCKL), was established in 2005 providing functional services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific region. The center is part of the Global Business Services division (GB). With the implementation of the target picture of GB, BSSCKL is developing into a competency hub for the Asia Pacific region and this process is supported by a project organization. To be successful with the transformation, it is essential to provide strong controlling support throughout the entire implementation phase.
This position aims at providing the required regional controlling support. Focus is the whole region Asia-Pacific beyond SSC
- Tracks key KPIs of projects;
- Tracks project budget, provides forecast and proposes proactively measures to achieve the project budget;
- Is responsible for project related charging activities including necessary communication in the region
- Tracks delivery against efficiency target; Makes final sign-off on sustainable measure execution and verifies the financial impact of the respective measures;
- Is gatekeeper for project related applications and signs off economic evaluation for the corresponding measures (e.g. Com I for digitalization measures, etc.);
- Collaborates with Regional Structural change workstream, reviews efficiency measure portfolio (progress tracking, risk reviews, identifies topics / areas with underrepresented savings and triggers respective discussions);
- Strong collaboration with global project controlling and on the other hand with the country finance & controlling
- Reviews impact of demand changes on project baseline (e.g. extended service scope Golden Island, business growth, M&A activity);
- Supports project planning activities and updates;
- Collaborates with HR workstream on FTE development / bluebook maintenance to ensure alignment with project progress;
- Is responsible for severance cost and Special Item handling and validates the bookings
- Provide regular regional information (e.p. project reports, realized FTE) to the global project manager, project management office and project controlling
- Ensures maintenance of correct master data (HR and cost) in case of necessity
- University graduate – Accounting / Finance / Business / Economics major.
- Additionally, ACCA/CPA or CIA certification or any other equivalent certification
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in finance and accounting, internal/external audit roles.
- Prior experience in performing cost accounting, project management, budgeting, investment evaluation and cost charging.
- Experience in managing and strategizing in mid-term to long term plans / projects
- Highly preferably 3-5 years’ experience in BASF group.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of project accounting, project management and cost charging.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent business communication, strong conflict solving capability, excellent presentation and writing skills in English. Able to speak and write Mandarin Chinese is an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of COINS, Excel, BASF systems, SAP R/3
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
BASF Asia-Pacific Service Centre was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the regional service hub has approximately 1,100 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Around 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €78.6 billion in 2021. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the U.S.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.