Head of Middle Office Alternative Investment Services, hybrid, Vice President
- State Street
- Krakow, Poland; Gdansk, Poland/Hybrid
- Not disclosed
- 21 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Fund accountant, Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Who are we looking for?
As a Head of Middle Office Alternative Investment Solutions, Vice President you will be directly responsible for Alternative Investment Solutions Middle Office operations. You should posses strong staff management and client servicing skills as well as relevant industry experience. In this position you will be responsible for managing Middle Office AIS teams and gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects across EMEA/PAC/US with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in our growing business unit operating within fast moving financial services environment.
Why is this role important to us?
The team you will be joining is within the Poland Middle Office Tower in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street Global Delivery, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Your new team
Already over 120 professionals located in Gdańsk and Kraków deliver top quality investment services to State Street's clients ensuring that the company preserves its lead position in the industry.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.Your new role
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and Gdańsk or Kraków office to match your needs and role requirements.
As Head of Middle Office AIS, Vice President you will:
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assigned teams in Poland
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the clients and deliver quality service
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary with special focus on risk mitigation
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise where required.
- Lead client due diligence visits as well as corporate and external audtis
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting
- Provide timely updates on issues to Krakow and Gdansk site governance and carry out necessary corrective action
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards.
- Work to broaden scope of services in Poland to support overall European strategy
- Support wider European/Global strategy through relevant projects and initiatives that may be assigned
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations
- Be responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels
- Act as senior escalation point and subject matter expert for middle office related inquires
- Manage direct risk factors (operational and financial) through claims management, investigation and ownership over remediation strategies
- Support global, both external and internal onboarding process by achieving operational readiness, reducing post-migration straight through process fallouts, supporting resources estimation
- Play key part in performance governance through KPI/KRI management, client relationship management (Service Level reviews)
- Drive implementation of industry or regulatory imposed changes
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Fluent English – strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative with an ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Client service and solutions driven mind-set
- Ability to form effective working relationships with multiple parties - Clients, Business Experts, IT and Project Teams
- Understanding of change management and Lean best practice theories, with practical experience is desirable
- PC skills, including MS Office applications Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Ability to coach and develop teams and managers
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 10+ years or relevant Middle Office / Asset Servicing experience gathered in a financial services environment
- 8+ years of experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients is a must
- Proven Middle Office knowledge across asset types
- Detailed understanding of the procedural, technical and product requirements within Middle Office Operations teams
- In depth knowledge of some/all of the following products: o Equity, Futures, Options, Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives (IRS, CDS, TRS, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of settlement associated risks
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Master’s degree a plus
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) would be an asset
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Additional holiday entitlement - position's level
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- MyBenefit Kafeteria platform
- Company car or car allowance plus fuel card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.