MY - Audit & Assurance - Senior Manager (Johor Bahru Office)
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Johor Bahru, MY
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
Deloitte's Audit & Assurance provide audit, accounting and regulatory advice, attest and attest-related services. Using robust audit tools, resources and methodology, our professionals work closely with clients to deliver high-quality services and solutions. We also advise clients in areas such as initial public offerings, internal controls, International Financial Reporting Standards, US GAAP and regulatory compliance.
You will lead and manage engagement teams to perform a variety of audit, assurance and compliance work for clients in different industries. As a leader, you will guide and mentor your team members and review their work. Developing and maintaining good relationship with clients and assisting Partners in planning work and change management is also your key role.
- Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagements.
- Obtain an understanding of the entity and its environment, including the entitys internal control while having the knowledge of relevant accounting standards applicable to the entity.
- Required to perform risk assessment procedures to provide a basis for the identification and assessments of the risks of material misstatement.
- Form a good working relationships with internal specialists and understand the scope of work performed by the experts and specialists, supervise their procedures, review their working papers and understand the conclusions that they reach.
- Delivery of high quality audits via a number of enablers Global Audit Imperatives, Professional Excellence, learning tools and DA/EMS.
- Development and management of a project plan to execute high quality audits. A robust project plan includes key activities, milestones, deadlines, and priorities for all engagement team members, including P/P/Ds, professionals, component auditors and specialists.
- Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs when identifying an issue.
- Compliance with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the audit firm's quality control procedures.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Establish a strong leadership brand by inspiring others through passion, integrity, and appreciation.
- Create opportunities to drive impact by leveraging each person’s strengths to build high performing teams.
- Apply deep knowledge of trends and activity to drive continuous improvement.
- Build lasting relationships across a diverse network.
- ranslate and communicate broader strategy into a convincing team vision and goals, in order to align the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives.
- Actively contribute to building the talent pipeline by championing a talent experience that attracts, develops and retains top talent and high performing teams.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where team members feels supported, respected and engaged.
- You should possess a recognised university degree in Accounting or professional accounting qualification
- Have at least 8-10 years relevant audit experience in a professional practice
- Preferably a member of MIA/MICPA/ACCA/ICAEW or equivalent
- You should have good communication and people management skills besides the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Audit experience in well established professional services firms will be an added advantage
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.