Debt Advisory Assistant
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 700 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
About the role
We are currently working on an exciting opportunity within our Debt Advisory team who provide advice and support to businesses who need help with banking and finance. This can include helping them to source new finance, restructuring existing finance and assisting with general banking queries.
- Assist with gaining a true understanding of our client’s current debt and potential debt requirements with support from the Debt Advisory Director and our Business Solutions Group. The ability to manage the dialogue with clients re: cashflow/capex plans would be an advantage although support would be given
- Keep up to date with the lending market/new products by liaising and networking with the debt market.
- Support the Debt Advisory Director in promoting the offering across The Midlands office and other offices in Crowe.
- Assist with taking on new clients, being familiar with KYC processes would be an advantage.
- Pushing and driving deals to a conclusion alongside the Debt Advisory Director.
- Become familiar with strategic partners/accounting software partners to help deliver opportunities.
- Maintain a database of local Grants available to support our clients.
- Contact strategy – maintaining contact with clients we have helped to understand if any further support is needed.
- Eventually be able to manage the smaller deals through to conclusion.
- Responsible for marketing/promoting debt advisory including keeping website and social media current.
- Assisting the wider team with Business Development.
The ideal candidate;
- Can work alone under direction.
- Strong communication skills/telephone handling skills.
- Confident, friendly, and outgoing.
- Familiar with cash flow but also a desire to learn about lending/cash flow/accounts from a banker’s perspective.
- Be comfortable to network.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our people to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.
Closing Date: 11 April 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.