Accounts Payable Executive
- Al-Futtaim Group
- Dubai, AE
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 21 Mar 2023
- 04 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis
- Digital, Retail and FMCG, Transport/logistics
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
To manage and control various financial and accounting systems and procedures of the company in accordance with the internationally accepted standard, and monitor its internal control to ensure financial stability and maintain complete transparency and accuracy in the system.
What you will do:
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable function is performed effectively in compliance with internal controls relating to Delegation Of Authority and verification of invoices. Process invoices in line with company policies and procedures, through shared services team.
- Review advance payment requests received from internal business teams in line with company policy and procedures, documents are VAT Compliant, coordinate for revision, if any and further coordinate for approvals, payments through shared services teams and communicate back to business teams.
- Effective coordination with internal business teams and Supply chain in order to process GRN, update banking details, obtain coding related information, and further liaison with shared services team to have the invoices processed in SAP. Assist in resolving other discrepancies in invoice processing.
- Provide timely payment status updates internally and externally, and maintain healthy relations with supply chain.
- Support line manager in handling additional ad hoc reporting and payment lists as necessarv.
Month-/ Year-end I Adhoc Reporting:
- Prepare monthly advance report, follow up status with business teams and submit to shared services teams.
- Effectively handle adhoc reporting requirements including subcontractor position, reconciliation queries and othersreports.
- Assist in monthly accrual preparation and other month end reports as necessary.
Budgets, Forecasts, Cash flows:
- Weekly and Ad hoc payment reporting to internal business teams.
- Weekly Proiectwise cash flow report
- Ensure that Documents/ reports I schedules for statutory and I or internal audits are prepared and provided to the auditors as and when required.
Define organizational policy and other factors that have a critical impact on the job
- Organizational policies and procedures.
- Accounting Standards (IAS / IFRS).
- Adherence to limits specified in the group Delegation Of Authority (DOA) matrix.
- Adherence to budgets.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
- Ability to manage time and work under pressure
- Project management skills
- Communication / Interpersonal Skills
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance with knowledge of Financial Management and Accounting Systems is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP expertise will be preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working in diverse teams; real estate construction / projects environment experience will be preferred.
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.