Commodities Counterparty Portfolio Management – Vice President (Frankfurt/Paris/London)
- Morgan Stanley
- Frankfurt, Germany/Paris/London
- Not disclosed
- 20 Mar 2023
- 21 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution.
Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Perform Initial Margin Calculation for financially settled Commodity trades
- Be point of contact to explain Initial Margin calculation to both internal stakeholders (Sales & Trading) as well as hedge fund clients
- Provide oversight of the daily margin call dispute investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Provide oversight of the daily settlement fails investigations and decide when to escalate to Management
- Actively track the daily stress loss calculations and oversee the part of the team investigating material changes.
- Participate in LIVE trade approval processes & forums
- Participate in client on-boarding committees
- Assist in methodology and research related to risk models (e.g., stress testing, SIMM etc)
- Ad Hoc risk analysis in response to market events, or in response to client related developments
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in Commodities XVA or Structuring, but open to candidates with relevant experience in other Commodities functions
- Commodities knowledge preferred - especially energy markets
- Expert knowledge on financially settled Commodities instruments
Where will you be working?
This role can be based in either Frankfurt or Paris.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.