Delivery Center - Tax Assistant, Indirect Tax
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, MY
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 20 Mar 2023
- 23 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounts assistant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte's Indirect Tax group is a market leader in providing high quality, value added guidance on indirect tax related matters to businesses in Singapore, Southeast Asia and around the world.
Despite the difficult economic climate, our team continues to grow and we need people who are looking for new and exciting challenges to help us build our business and support our Singapore team in our centre in KL. In return we will provide interesting and varied work and support you with a comprehensive training programme that we have developed, which gives our people the necessary technical and soft skills to help clients deal with local and international indirect tax issues.
We are looking for suitable experienced candidates at Associate level to work in the following area:
The successful candidate will help our team to provide GST advisory and compliance services to our clients. You will work in a growing team dealing with a challenging area of tax, as well as handling issues ranging from routine compliance matters to complex cross-border transactions.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- The ideal candidate should have :
- At least 1 year of GST experience preferably with an international accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical mind and meticulous
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.