Associate/Senior Associate (Tax - Transfer Pricing)
- BDO Singapore
- Singapore, SG
- Competitive salary
- 20 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Be part of BDO’s dynamic and inclusive transfer pricing team, where you will work on interesting transfer pricing projects, ranging from compliance to advisory and controversy. Join us if you identify with our core value of ‘Exceptional Client Service’. You will be involved in providing customised solutions to our diverse portfolio of clients across different industries including technology, financial services, manufacturing, commodities, shipping, etc.
As an Associate/Senior Associate, your key job responsibilities will include:
- Attending meetings with client to understand their business operations, including functions performed, assets utilised and risks undertaken in related party arrangements and preparing functional analysis notes;
- Conducting benchmarking studies on databases to select comparable companies or agreements and performing statistical analysis to determine the arm’s length range of margins;
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation reports for clients in line with Singapore and OECD transfer pricing documentation guidelines; and
- Attending to ad-hoc transfer pricing queries from clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Advising clients on international tax developments, including identifying transfer pricing risks and recommending mitigating solutions, and developing and implementing transfer pricing models;
- Advising clients on dispute resolution matters with tax authorities, including assistance on unilateral and bilateral advanced pricing agreements (APA), mutual agreement procedures (MAP) and arbitration, international compliance assurance program (ICAP), advance rulings, voluntary disclosure programmes, and routine tax audit queries; and
- Business development initiatives, including preparation of client proposals and marketing materials.
- Degree in Accounting / ACCA, CPA or relevant qualification;
- Possessing an accreditation from Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP) would be an added advantage; and
- At least 1 year of relevant transfer pricing experience (for Senior Associate position).
- Effective communication skills (oral and written);
- Strong project management skills;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Fluency in a second language will be an added advantage;
- Self-motivated, confident and dedicated; and
- Keen to develop yourself in the profession and committed to teamwork.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.