(Senior) Manager European VAT Compliance
- Deloitte Belgium
- Competitive salary with fringe benefits
- 20 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
- Drive Pan-European accounting and tax administration, including the review of VAT, Intrastat and other related declarations to the next level
- Support shared service centres with the setup of their accounting and VAT obligations on a Pan-European basis
- Assist our clients with VAT and Intrastat audits on a Pan-European basis
- Trusted adviser for your clients, advice and practical consulting services on Pan-European VAT reporting matters
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Manage all compliance related aspects of a/your client portfolio, responsible for the delivery of compliance services
- Implement processes and identify sustainable planning opportunities to help clients mitigate risk
- You identify and develop opportunities to grow the business
Let’s talk about you
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accountancy-tax or a master’s degree in economics or law
- You have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in accountancy-tax, either in large organisations with shared service centres or in the consulting arena
- You communicate fluently in English. Any additional European language is an asset
- You have a great sense of accuracy and you are results-oriented
- You are an enthusiastic and flexible team player
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Deloitte Tax and Legal lies at the crossroads of tax, law, business and innovation, so it is subject to constant change. We get that. Unlike others, our young and dynamic team of tax and legal specialists thrive on this complexity and see the opportunities. It’s what keeps us sharp. We help our clients connect for impact by anticipating change, unlocking the full potential of their people, extracting strategic insights from data, and creating new value through digital technologies.
To assist our clients in dealing with the intricacies of indirect tax, our Deloitte Global Tax Centre (Europe) based in Brussels proposes the services of a multi-disciplinary team of over 150 specialists (lawyers, economists, accountants, IT-specialist, project managers) drawn from all over Europe (16 nationalities mastering over 20 languages), who are highly experienced in assisting companies with multi-jurisdiction VAT-compliance, dealing with the complexities of local regulations and procedures – such as communicating with local tax authorities, setting up new VAT registrations and filling Intrastat and EC Sales returns.
Who is Deloitte? World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
+6.000 dedicated professionals, active in +10 offices throughout the country, take great pride in supporting our clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We offer services to a wide variety of clients, from national and international companies, small, fast-growing and large organizations to public institutions and governmental authorities.
- Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you.
- Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
- We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- My Benefits My Choice, a flexible rewards plan tailored to your lifestyle and priorities
- Sustainable transport options offered by Mobility@Deloitte
- Flexible work arrangements for all and initiatives supported by Parents@Deloitte
- Wellbeing tips and activities powered by Energise@Deloitte
- Topped off with other health benefits and insurance opportunities
Empowering our employees with flexible work arrangements remains essential in today's reality:
- Hybrid workplace: combination of home office and on-site (+10 offices in Belgium or client's premises).
- Part-time employment: all our jobs are open to part-time work under a 90% or 80% regime
Join us to make an impact together!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.