- Sydney CBD Area
- Not disclosed
- 20 Mar 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The Group Support Services Finance (GSSF) team is part of Group Finance, partnering with senior leadership of the bank’s Financial Services, Property, Marketing, Strategy, Risk, Human Resources and Legal functions. The GSSF team manages the end to end finance functions for these businesses, and collaborates regularly with other Business Unit and Group finance teams throughout the organisation.
The team manages an annual P&L spend of $2.5b with direct engagement/exposure to 50% of the Banks senior leadership team.
See yourself in our team
The purpose of the role is to provide finance support to Human Resources and Group Finance.
You will own the day-to-day finance operations and regular deliverables.
To be successful in this role, you will need the ability to manage stakeholders, to prioritise and possess a continuous improvement mindset.
Key duties will include:
- Month end: delivery of month end processing, reconciliations and half and full year results for Group Legal & Governance and Group Marketing & Corporate Affairs portfolios
- Management reporting: successfully complete monthly submissions to Group Finance, and report the monthly result to senior business stakeholders across the Human Resources and Group Finance portfolios.
- Financial control: accuracy and attention to detail with a mindset to continuously improve and maintain a strong financial control environment
- Business partnering: work closely with the core team to track performance and milestones, and apply financial and accounting acumen to assist with decision making including engaging SMEs within Group Finance where required
- Decision support: review balance sheet and P&L and constructively challenge assumptions where required
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Experience in financial accounting and management accounting
- High levels of motivation, resilience as well as customer & continuous improvement focussed
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and execution
- High degree of competence in Excel
- CPA or CA qualified or working towards
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 26/03/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.