About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a strategically minded Audit Partner to join our new and expanding Cheltenham Audit team
Having just merged with a Cheltenham based business to support us on our growth journey and ambitious plans, we’re now looking to enhance our Audit offering in the Gloucestershire market by recruiting an experienced Audit Partner.
Working closely with the Head of Audit and the Cheltenham Office Lead, you will play a pivotal role in leading our audit team as we embark on expanding our presence within the Cheltenham and Gloucestershire markets.
We have ambitious plans to significantly grow our audit fee revenue over the next five years and this role will be key to delivering those plans.
We are keen to hear from experienced Audit Directors who are looking to progress to Partner level or from existing Audit Partners who are looking to have a significant input into a Top 30 firm’s long-term strategic direction.
You will be joining a business that is consistently demonstrating substantial year on year growth and is regularly winning audit clients from many national firms.
We are looking for an individual who is keen to immerse themselves in the Bishop Fleming culture and be responsible for the teams growth as well as actively contribute to the success of the wider firm. If this sounds like you then please get in touch!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading our Cheltenham audit team with our existing Audit Partner to successfully deliver a broad range of Corporate, Not for Profit, and Charity audit engagements
- Developing our audit team, including recruiting team members, and mentoring our Managers/Senior Managers so that they can reach their potential
- Working with our Partner team on our Cheltenham and Gloucestershire strategic growth plans
- Working with our Head of Audit and other Audit Partners to formulate and deliver our firmwide audit strategy
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- An RI with experience of controlling a diverse portfolio of audit clients across sectors
- A strong business developer who is keen to develop and build contacts and their network within the Cheltenham and Gloucestershire business community
- A strong People Manager who enjoys building and developing a team
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills who can influence at all levels
Why Bishop Fleming?!
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Free tea & coffee in all our offices
- Free fresh fruit
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact David Butler; Partner & Cheltenham Lead or Sam Ford; Talent Acquisition Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.