Associate - Strategy and Transactions, Turnaround & Restructuring Strategy
- Singapore, SGP
- Not disclosed
- 20 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
- Turnaround and Restructuring team provides leadership to rapidly solve, execute and ultimately transform the outcome during urgent, critical and complex situations where companies are under financial stress. The team’s work involves helping clients develop financial and operational plansto improve liquidity and credit availability, or to maximize shareholder and creditor returns through value creation, preservation or recovery. They help clients improve liquidity and working capital, preserve value through leading turnaround, debt restructuring, managing cash and raising capital or recover value through contingency planning and insolvency solutions. In servere financial distress situations, the team also assists stakeholders to realise value through liquidation process.
As an EY Strategy & Transaction professional, you will help clients make better and more informed decisions about how they strategically manage capital and transactions in a changing world. That means advising businesses on how they preserve, optimize, raise and invest their capital to help them achieve their strategic objectives.
You will assist in managing projects while leveraging analytical skills that will enable our clients to develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return.
Your key responsibilities
As a Restructuring Associate, you'll work on the restructuring engagement in line with the engagement scope, in consultation with Senior Associate / Manager / Senior Manager / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocols. When required, you'll collaborate to execute designated restructuring procedures, depending on the size of the engagement. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- At least an average distinction/ 2nd upper degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Currently in your final year or a fresh graduate
- Individuals with post-graduate degrees and/or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Only shortlisted candidates may be contacted via email and you may expect up to 2 interview rounds with the hiring team.
- Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Full detailed resume
- Latest university transcript