- Bishop Fleming
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 20 Mar 2023
- 20 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Finance director, Management accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
We are looking to recruit an ambitious Tax Director to join our expanding Truro and Plymouth tax team.
This could be an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a fulfilling role with excellent prospects, based in Cornwall. Not only would you get all the benefits that living and working in Cornwall can offer, but you would also be taking on a role that will enable you to progress your tax career within one of the South West's leading employers.
With a wide range of clients, we are interested in speaking to candidates with either corporate tax, private client and/or mixed tax experience.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, you will be able to influence the development of the practice and will have People Management and Business Development responsibilities.
Ranked as one of the Top 5 Best Accounting Firms to Work For, you will be part of a rapidly expanding Top 30 firm that values it people and offers a fantastic working environment.
This role will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
Working closely with our Truro office SMT, you will look to grow our portfolio of tax clients and expand and develop the team. You will add value to our clients and help our people realise their full potential.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with our management team to manage and develop our tax team – this will include recruiting team members and coaching our people so that they can reach their potential
- Building strong relationships with a broad portfolio of tax clients and ensuring that we continue to offer a quality trusted advisor service
- Build/retain a good network of local contacts within the local market to aid business development
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified and/or CTA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of working within a tax environment
- A strong business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the local business community
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their team
- Highly commercial with the drive to contribute towards Bishop Fleming’s growth
Why Bishop Fleming?!
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- Free tea & coffee in all our offices
- Free fresh fruit
- Numerous opportunities for development
Please contact Pippa Clarke; Partner if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.