Senior Manager - Accounting and Advisory Services
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Accountant who is looking to join a progressive firm who is keen to support their employees to achieve their potential. You will be joining our Exeter Office and firmwide leadership team. This role has the opportunity to progress to a Director and in the future a Partner.
Playing a pivotal role with implementing and promoting our services and delivering proactive advice to our clients. You will be responsible for a portfolio of corporate clients with turnovers up to £10.2m.
We are keen to hear from candidates who want to take an active role in the development and growth of our service.
You will need to have experience of leading a team and be commercial in your approach. You will also be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for developing new business opportunities through the leveraging of your network.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working with our Senior Management Team to successfully deliver a broad range of accounting services to clients.
- Building effective client relationships and managing their expectations.
- Developing our accounting team - this will include recruiting team members and mentoring the team so that they can reach their potential.
- Business Development – you will have a role in winning new client work and building a professional network.
- Working with our other offices to help deliver our Better Growth firmwide strategy.
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
- Experience of managing a diverse portfolio of owner managed business clients.
- A great people manager who enjoys developing and coaching their team.
- An energetic business developer who is keen to build contacts and network within the wider Exeter business community.
- An excellent communicator that enables you to build rapport with people at all levels.
- Highly commercial with a drive to contribute towards our firms growth.
Why Bishop Fleming?!
At Bishop Fleming, we take pride in putting our people first. We are a Great Place to Work® certified and offer an outstanding work environment, strong office culture and extensive perks (listed below). We’re also a rapidly growing Top 30 Accountancy firm and have just been ranked fifth in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Rankings. We’re proud to be the highest ranked firm in the South West. This comes on the back of nearly 20% growth last year, several award wins, and record-breaking recruitment taking our headcount to 40 partners and close to 500 people.
We are a firm that thinks clients, people and communities. As a member of Business in the Community (BITC) we are focussed on improving our responsible business practices and collectively making positive impacts for the benefit of society.
If that’s not enough, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays plus Christmas off!
- Numerous opportunities for development
- Hybrid working
- A contributory Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cashback plan including access to 24/7 online GP service and counselling services
- Perkbox discounts and rewards platform with over 4,00 perks and discounts
- Yulife employee wellbeing app
- Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
- On-going wellbeing support
- Free fresh fruit
Please contact Hazel Tucker, Tim Godfrey or Sam Ford; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.